Back to square one

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Well after spending the last few days using different cables earth cable Naim Chord Van den hull car audio ect ect ect

From 59p to £35 per meter

I have just put the Graves Big fuck off none bi mothers back in (£225 for a two meters set)

:shock:its a no brainer the sound is better than all of the others the only other 2 anywhere like it earth cable and the Chord

so why was I happy ???????????????

G

I hear yer Dave. I starting to feel that speaker cables have an even greater impact than interconnects

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
My dad went from Chrd I think to the Graves, it is bloody nice. Why they only make 2 metres is a bloody mystery though.

So the earth cable was pretty good in comparison then?

G

What is it about the Graves that make them a no brainer Dave.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Ant the earth cable was good I think one because its nice thick high quality copper and two because its got a decent covering and last as its a single run left and right end up with a big gap between then so no chance of left affecting right

The Graves is just all there its half the price of the chord but as good as great bass decent mid range and very good highs

i went for it also as I am using the graves interconnect between pre and power amp and they look good too
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My own limited experience with speaker cable was I used to have QED Original Bi-wire mark II with no banana plugs, just bare wire connections. When I enquired at my local Sevenoaks about upgrading it, I was persuaded to buy some ex-demo Sonic Link Horizon bi-wire which is exactly the same as Black Rhodium S300x2. It costs £40 per metre usually and I bought 2x3m runs with standard banana plugs at the speaker end and he fitted QED airlock spades at the amp end (my Cambridge doesn't accept banana plugs). It made a huge difference to the whole dynamic range, especially as I am using it shotgunned (single-grounded 2-2) and is the only mid-range to high-end part of my system. I would never go back to the QED. Not sure about i/c's though.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet wrote:

I hear yer Dave. I starting to feel that speaker cables have an even greater impact than interconnects
Absolutely Duvet - in fact the wrong cables can make Dyns unacceptable speakers. Interconnects less dramatic variance.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Ant they might only do them in two meters because with amp on rack in middle of speakers that a 4 meters gap the Graves valve amplifier would be best placed in the middle and just behind the speakers:cool:

G

Graves Audio Adam. Dave may know if they have a website but i can't find one

A

adam

ahhh!Thanks,so daves tried his cables and likes them,a new name to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles