Back to the '80s, Myst TMA3 amplifier fired up!

Carrington

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Oct 10, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picked up the above amplifier from 'repair' today, it had lain unused since around 1995 as one channel kept cutting out. Replaced it with a Linn Majik which has done faithful service since and been the heart of a big update a few years ago. But, with the Myst back and no fault found after months of testing I thought it best to fire the old timer up and see what it could do and so far, it's really good! A bit more bass than the Linn set up but not quite the same depth as it was set up as active which gives a bit more response. Possibly not quite as detailed but I think the treble is a touch held back so less sharp and easier on the ears. Playing KD Lang Ingenue on original vinyl and it sounds great!

So now I'm wondering, my Linn kit with pre and 2x power is taking up too much space, I could move that on and keep the Myst or move on the Myst and put the money into vinyl or keep it aside for a future turntable upgrade (or a couple of really good bottles of red...). Or get rid of everything and start again but not sure my wallet can face that. I'd be interested in any views!

20220929-182350.jpg

tma3-vintage.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E600