Balls.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Made a few of these (well 18) at work cnc machined 1.20" radius 0.25" deep and highly polished from Grade 660 stainless steel (hard as a whore's heart)and purchased15 off20mm steel balls from eBay for the princely sum of £4.25 , to be used under equipment as isolation and just to see if it improves anything.

DSCF0518.jpg

Remember seeing these type of things used under a Minimax??? amplifier , a while back so thought I would try and make some on a larger scale as the Marantz isn't a kick in the arse away from 30kg.

Also gonna try some under TT once I get an MDF baseboard cut.

Any ideas on how best used under cdp ??? as this is currently sitting on granite supported by squash balls which sit on granite supported by diy cnc machined oak cones.

yeah I know the foto is shit , but you get the idea.
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

chezi

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
I made some simlar a while ago but used smaller balls :rofl:yes I know what I just said,worked in a fashion but probably needed big balls :shaggers:like your's.

Kingsley

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 18, 2005
Tipoca City, Kamino,
Nice balls:dude:Have the pods got gridded surfaces underneath or smooth? If gridded, adding four 2mm ball bearings under the main ballwill give your disc player some space toboogiearound when hit byvibrations, while the griddedpods stay where they are. Ta da! Your very own unassailable oilrig.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Kingsley , the top and bottom parts are radiused , like saucers and the ball goes inbetween the two , I've done this to my amp and after lining them up the amp wobbles about for quite some time after being pushed gently , so even if there is no improvement in sound quality , they will remain in situe as it looks well fuckin cool.
smile.png

chezi.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have just tried a set under my transport, too early to tell if any improvements, but looks cool as has been said, at least as good as propriety modelsI have tried, finish is superb, well done chezi, and thanks mate
biggrin.png

E

earl of sodbury

Jim wrote:

Hope the musics in better focus than your camers lens. Only kidding.:dude:
S'not the camera - that's how everything looks to Chezi!
wink.png

Kidding Chezster - they look superb
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

thrunobulax

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2006
derby, , United King
Re balls, this is a cheap and cheerfull way of using ball bearings under my T/T the ball is placed on a small O ring big enough to allow the ball to contact the glass up and down, while preventing the ball from rolling around, it works very well and does not wobble about. the bottom sheet of float glass sits on H/made s/steel spikes, the rack also has spiked feet, so the deck is isolated 3 times in all, i use spikes and glass under all the components but felt the T/T needed another level so i thought i would try this method.

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Chezi

How do they stand up to your test disk at full tilt.

That will make anything boogie.

The Naim boys were very impressed with it.

Beautiful machine work. I wish I could make something useful like that.

If you need a guinea pig you know where to send them they would look stunning under the black CDS3 on the black/SS Townshend rack. :Coool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louis_067