Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seems a half of shandy and nibble of thin slice of pig and chicken is now too much for the once great Coco san:
20150718_175949.jpg
'Live' trolling eh?

To 'live troll' the primary requirement is to be awake.

I would count that as a win, but Pete and I both know that I can't...

Tony Whittle

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
Oct 15, 2005
Farnham
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What can I say, my first Bake-Off and it is a Jim spectacular! It was really good to put faces to names and meet the wise and warm curmudgeons that I read on a regular basis, some were almost normal (in a nice way) The famous BBQ team of 'Jim and Dom' definitely lived up to the hype, if Carlsberg did a Meat Feast this would be it. Maybe they should be commissioned do the catering at every Wam Bake-Off. Missed out on the choccy treats as I had to bail early but I would have stayed longer if I knew they were coming.

Listened to the Starship Kronos which delivered a couple of sides of 'Free' with an appealing freshness and vividness, one of my top 5 bands so a treat all round.

Massive thanks to Jim and his family for all the work and commitment that delivered a top class day out and all the convivial chat from fellow warmers.

Oh well back to Gaviscon and the darkened room.......

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Quote of the weekend from Ann -"All I could hear all day was loud Yorkshire accents - bleedin' Fred Dibnahs"

:rofl:
Oi, that bugger's from Lancashire! :eek:ff:

There's a saying that you can always tell a Yorkshireman, you just cant tell em much. ;-)

Thanks for the wonderful hospitality and grub, I might even have put some weight on. :shock:

The gods smiled on us, weather wise, and great to meet some new, to me, Wammers as well as the old reprobates.

JezR

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2009
Brighton, UK
AKA
Jez
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Muchly grateful to Jim/family and Dom for the best BBQ food ever, also the chorizo chilli that Pete did was super scrummy.

Good to meet everyone and chat, thanks again people.

chelseadave

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2009
Richmond Surrey
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I forgot to mention Dom's sterling work as cook at the Barbie. Also I found out that Liverpool loving Jim is outnumbered by Chelsea supporters in his own home!

JVS

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2009
Ilford, Essex
AKA
Jim
Also I found out that Liverpool loving Jim is outnumbered by Chelsea supporters in his own home!
Not true :nup: My eldest daughter and myself support the most successful football team in the country, and Ann and the youngest support the chavs. So it's a 50/50 split :TheBird:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not true :nup: My eldest daughter and myself support the most successful football team in the country, and Ann and the youngest support the chavs. So it's a 50/50 split :TheBird:
Easy sunshine. I might consider withdrawing some of my kind words at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention Dom's sterling work as cook at the Barbie
Absolutely so. I similarly forgot to mention the sterling effort put in by the BBQ king hisself.

Fantastic work Dom. Those lamb 'give me another ten' were truly epic.

mayebaza

Wammer
Wammer
May 5, 2014
West Midlands
AKA
Barrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Jim, Dom and family for ensuring that it was not only the Pass Monoblocks that produced a warm atmosphere. A great day!

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Well done Jim and Dom. The food looks delicious. Nice charcoal arrangement :geek:

SCIDB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
, ,
Hi,

Big thanks to Jim and family for their hospitality. Big thanks to Dom for handling alot of the cooking.

The food was top notch. My stomach was pleased.

A great day out.

SCIDB

G

Had a great time and was a pleasure talking utter dribble with everyone as usual.

Even listened to the hifi a few times, always nice to refresh the audio memory of jims system.

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Got home around 7:15pm this evening, a bit knackered.

A long drive, but more than worth it! Great social event, wonderful food (cheers, Jim & Dom, and the girls) great company, fantastic atmosphere.

We we even listened to some music at one point (it was dark and raining outside)

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On another, related matter.

I've never met mayebaza before. However, I'm a roots fan from way back when.

Someone please tell me he's not actually Barrington Levy, because he sure as hell looks like the man himself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles