PeteT59

Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
Brighton
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure someone out there has the answer I'm after...

I'm looking to get a bespoke perspex cover made for my turntable.

It has rounded corners, so I want to have that reflected in the cover rather than corners that pertrude...

Anyone know anywhere that might be able to make one for me..?

Thanks,

Pete

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have forgotten the name but a guy on eBay makes Acrylic lids to your dimensions ,, he made one for my lad's Linn for under £60 (about £80 cheaper than buying one from Linn) .. he gets very busy so the add does not run all the time so it may take a while to find him.
https://thefrazercompany.co.uk/high-end-record-player-lid-sales-fabrications.html
There is this place (do not know what they charge) 

This place may be able to produce to your size requirements  https://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/shop/custom-sized-acrylic-display-cover/

Try this one http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Trent-Plastics/_i.html?_nkw=turntable

Reactions: Rockchild

PeteT59

Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
Brighton
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks@uzzy,
I'll give them a call, but I fear they all just do the square corners.

I'm looking for somewhere that'll do 40mm radius vertical corners if it's a lid, or 60mm if it's a cover.

It's to fit this...
2062913ac880e29e3074b210ae4d48c0.jpg

Reactions: newlash09

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm looking for somewhere that'll do 40mm radius vertical corners if it's a lid, or 60mm if it's a cover.
Find a lovely "isolation" base, or plinth to you and me (butchers block or thick wood or even 1inch or thicker acrylic) and attach the cover to that wooden base (so that it covers the whole turntable) .. the visual aesthetic will be seen through the clear acrylic (Michelle did it on the Syncro and the Gyro which of course could not take a conventional cover on their own) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PeteT59

westerwick

westerwick
Wammer
Aug 6, 2019
Shetland Isles, Scot
AKA
Tom Gray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was very happy with the Frazer Company cover they made for my Well Tempered Amadeus, you would need to contact them regarding curved work though ? 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure someone out there has the answer I'm after...

I'm looking to get a bespoke perspex cover made for my turntable.

It has rounded corners, so I want to have that reflected in the cover rather than corners that pertrude...

Anyone know anywhere that might be able to make one for me..?

Thanks,

Pete

Generally the Decent covers are well made but heavier so hinges struggle. To save money (a lot!) and just have one that fits over the whole deck. A round edge one would cost a considerable sum. Mine cost £78

94135C97-26C8-4F43-81E5-607FC721D1F5.jpeg

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Generally the Decent covers are well made but heavier so hinges struggle. To save money (a lot!) and just have one that fits over the whole deck. A round edge one would cost a considerable sum. Mine cost £78

0BE90F6B-BA67-451B-91BD-74AAF9916666.jpeg
Not clear from Jon’s photo but I had one this size that had finger cutouts on each side left and right so that it was easy to pick up. Otherwise you would have to grab the flat sides with the palms of your hands and it will pick up a lot of marks. 

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not clear from Jon’s photo but I had one this size that had finger cutouts on each side left and right so that it was easy to pick up. Otherwise you would have to grab the flat sides with the palms of your hands and it will pick up a lot of marks. 
Yes, important to specify handle cutouts at either side, a cutout at rear for the cables, as well as internal clearance dimensions and obviously height. I think the OP will struggle to get curved corners, and I would have thought that would greatly increase the cost, if it's feasible to do.

My cover is rectangular, but so is my TT.

• Upvote
Reactions: PeteT59 and DomT

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, important to specify handle cutouts at either side, a cutout at rear for the cables, as well as internal clearance dimensions and obviously height. I think the OP will struggle to get curved corners, and I would have thought that would greatly increase the cost, if it's feasible to do.

Thanks - I forgot to include the rear cut out and this is most important.  Best for the owner to specify the cut depending on turntable.

PeteT59

Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
Brighton
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks - I forgot to include the rear cut out and this is most important.  Best for the owner to specify the cut depending on turntable.
Yeah, I had sussed the need for cable and hand cut-outs, but probably all too easy for me to forget..!

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

and make a space to put it when you lift it off and make sure you are sure footed and stable lifting it off, if you drop it then expect some serious damage ..space is always a struggle for me hence the hinged route is my choice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online