Best sub £2000 loudspeakers? Pure Art in stilleto form

U

Umberto

Art speakers geta bashing form some folks on here. Others love them. Personally I love'em. I had a pair of Stiletto 6 and they were fab sounding. At that price they are a bargain.

Some folks might be wary of buying without auditioning but getthem at a good price and sell them on if you don't like them.

curtis

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
Herts, , United King
enbee23 wrote:

"Selling due to loss of interest"Just how good can that lot sound if the guy's lost interest?!
:raoflmfao:

Guys I know I havent said they are my favourite speakers in the past but for that sort of money they are well worth it.

In small rooms they should work well.

Curt

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
curtis wrote:

i dont think you can better these at twice the price
Reheheelleeeey.

He doesn't think you can beat them at twice the price and he is selling as he has lost interest LMFAO.
He is selling them, what do you want himto say, really shit, can do better for £40, FWIW I reckon he's lost interest in the hifi thang, sadly for some it's the kit, where as for a lot of us on here it's more about the music.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did u see the rest he was selling, included a Giro deck and other top end stuff.

Behave if you haven't listened to a pair of stillettos. Ok they are not expressions or Emotions but for their size they are untouchable when it comes to honest to goodness reproduction.

Uzzy

A

Alex A

uzzy wrote:

honest to goodness reproduction
Really, what does that mean?

I think you can very easily do at least as well for £2k new, and probably better for <£1k SH. Purely speculative, but the ATC I just got in are probably better speakers.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Alex_A wrote:

but the ATC I just got in are probably better speakers.
yes for you!!!, others though (me included) prefer the Stiletto, may not have the weight of the scm20, but each to his own Alex, they are both good speakers.
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif

A

Alex A

I may prefer the Stilleto too. Haven't heard them in my system. Just speculating ofc.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
suspect that there's a very decent whole system bargain there for someone...not heard it together, but it could sound luvly for what....2500??

saab

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2005
, ,
Paul is right,he has lost interest in Hifi in total,he has said the same thing on all his auctions,he is flogging the lot

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its all about presentation and volume.

If you like LS35As you may not like the ATC but you will probably like the Stilletos.

The stilletos will let the music wash over you with loads of space and detail. If you want it up front and loud and up front go for the ATC.

Uzzy

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
uzzy wrote:

Its all about presentation and volume.If you like LS35As you may not like the ATC but you will probably like the Stilletos.

The stilletos will let the music wash over you with loads of space and detail. If you want it up front and loud and up front go for the ATC.

Uzzy
stilettos go loud with ease too, but need a beefy amp to get them there.

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
Here., ,
It seems that ART have a very loyal following on this forum, but at 2K there is a huge amount of choice.

For instance, the new Avalons (reviewed recently in one of the hifi nmags) look very interesting for 2K.

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
boseman wrote:

It seems that ART have a very loyal following on this forum, but at 2K there is a huge amount of choice.For instance, the new Avalons (reviewed recently in one of the hifi nmags) look very interesting for 2K.
I agree, each to their own, depends what's important to you, we all have different tastes.
smile.png

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey all this was about a second hand pair on eBay for well under a grand and a bargain of anyone's money.

Ideally you should audition loudspeakers, preferably in your own home with your own set up. But for the bargain hunters there is the opportunity on eBay to buy cheap and if you change your mind or you don't like them you can re-auction and given a fair wind will get about the same as you paid for them or if you are lucky even make a profit.

With hi fi dealers being scarcer and scarcer and with limited opportunity to audition, it falls more to people listening to what friends have and doing the gamble bit on eBay.

nva gave up on dealers and sell direct on eBay and anyone who purchases an nva set up will not be disappointed, ok there may subjectively be betterbut it is all relative. Similarly if you buy an old second hand naim set up off eBay you will not be disappointed (unless you happen to want to drive a pair of old Gale GS401s, or KEF 105 or 107 as the thermal trip cuts in if you drive them hard into difficult loads). The bang for buck works in that scenario with people buying classic older gear at a price that makes hi end affordable.

We all have our own preferences and tastes we all hear things differently. I remember when I worked in Guildford Hi Fi years ago we had an old pair of AR loudspeakers in part exchange. We fired them up and they sounded awful, we discoverd the attenuator at the rear, which could be used to tweek the high frequencies, had become corroded and the tweeters were not working. A chap in the demo room fell in love with them and bought them there and then and said he would pick them up later. By the time he returned we had fixed the problem and when he heard them he said NOOOOOOOO they aren't what i heard and liked. We disconnected the tweeter and hey presto he loved them and bought them.

So the answer is trust your own ears because if they don't like whatthey hear you won't either.

Thank god the wife seems to like the same as I do though asit was her that made me buy a pair of Impressions.

uzzy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online