BFA plug confusion - Help needed please...

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

Currently have these BFA Deltron plugs (these) connected to a Linn power amp. I'm wanting to experiment with either bi-amping or bi-wiring using some Van Damme blue cable to my new Momentum 4i speakers and want to know whether it makes a difference using a different type of BFA plug. Something like these perhaps? Only I'm a little confused - should I only use plugs that are sheathed all along the plug as the Deltrons or does it not matter? Cue jokes about pregnancy of amps etc... :doh:

According to another thread I found here, the Z style correct me if I'm wrong can always be used as banana plugs if and when I change amps to a more traditional setup?

Any help always appreciated.

Regards, Ade/Parcelmonkey

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Z-style ones generally come with a screw-on plastic sleeve that goes over the outside of the metal bit for BFA use. If nothing else, it protects that part from damage or over-expansion.

Without the sleeve they can be used as normal banana plugs.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
THESE Milty ones are what you want.

29383.jpg

The sleeve on the end unscrews for use as a banana plug. I've used them (sleeve on) with Linn and Cyrus, and currently (sleeve off) with conventional binding posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles