Seriousjon

Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Melbourne
AKA
Jonathan Young
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My eldest has just moved out into his first place and expressed a desire for my piano black 242's which have been sitting in their boxes since I built in some exakted IW10s and a pair of 226 subs back in 2020 to make a "wall of sound" in my space challenged main listening room.

Some system juggling freed up a 2015 Accurate DS and a pair of dynamiked 2200s and after putting the speakers back into passive mode (I had previously only ever run them exakt) we have just installed them (vertically bi-amped and quad-wired) and had an initial listen.

I must say that even without any space optimisation they sound superb. Very impressed indeed especially as I have heard that242s can be tricky to set up - Happy Son :) (I am now wondering what to do with his old komponent 104s and Sub)

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have read on here that the 242s are not well liked by a few but I have always found them to be superb and, now, great value for money. I would happily use them. But then I think my 350p's are great and yet others would disagree!!! :)

PS If he can eventually move to Klimax level amps he will be even happier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles