HiFi Trade
Sep 24, 2012
Millow, Beds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
daftpunk_randomaccessmemories_5r1p.jpg
Hi All, This week's record is one of my go-to albums for inspiration, referencing and pure enjoyment. Daft Punks Random Access Memories covers all the bases for me. From the recording quality and songwriting arrangements to the level of musicianship. The entire album is a learning process from start to finish, taking you on a journey exploring a conglomeration of musical genres.

Random Access Memories pays homage to previous decades whilst still sounding relevant and new. Traditional and modern recording techniques have been seamlessly united, bridging the gap between the analogue and digital worlds. The French duo have always pushed boundaries, not just musically but visually and remain somewhat of an enigma.

It’s hard to pick a favourite from the record, but one of the tracks that stands out for me is Beyond. Beyond manages to squeeze a lot in and has a ‘score-like’ string arrangement for the intro. I’m always using it as a reference, particularly for its wide dynamic range and controlled low end. The production sounds warm and fat whilst retaining a hi-fi sheen across the frequency spectrum. I believe the album was recorded onto tape and transferred back into Pro Tools, which enabled the duo to edit parts easily and further add processing inside the box. The Robots iconic vocoder takes the lead on this one and “speaks of places never seen”. The meaning behind the song is open to interpretation, but for me, it questions the ego, consciousness and concept of becoming awakened. Before I go too deep, we shall leave this one here! Give it a spin and let me know what you think? Billy

Last edited:

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
daftpunk_randomaccessmemories_5r1p.jpg
Hi All, This week's record is one of my go-to albums for inspiration, referencing and pure enjoyment. Daft Punks Random Access Memories covers all the bases for me. From the recording quality and songwriting arrangements to the level of musicianship. The entire album is a learning process from start to finish, taking you on a journey exploring a conglomeration of musical genres.

Random Access Memories pays homage to previous decades whilst still sounding relevant and new. Traditional and modern recording techniques have been seamlessly united, bridging the gap between the analogue and digital worlds. The French duo have always pushed boundaries, not just musically but visually and remain somewhat of an enigma.

It’s hard to pick a favourite from the record, but one of the tracks that stands out for me is Beyond. Beyond manages to squeeze a lot in and has a ‘score-like’ string arrangement for the intro. I’m always using it as a reference, particularly for its wide dynamic range and controlled low end. The production sounds warm and fat whilst retaining a hi-fi sheen across the frequency spectrum. I believe the album was recorded onto tape and transferred back into Pro Tools, which enabled the duo to edit parts easily and further add processing inside the box. The Robots iconic vocoder takes the lead on this one and “speaks of places never seen”. The meaning behind the song is open to interpretation, but for me, it questions the ego, consciousness and concept of becoming awakened. Before I go too deep, we shall leave this one here! Give it a spin and let me know what you think? Billy
Gonnae gie this yin a wee spin /listen on Qobuz ramorra! 😀

Reactions: HiFi Lounge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles