Wammer
Wammer
May 17, 2013
Paisley
AKA
Allan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just put on Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's harvest. Have to say I love what I'm hearing, it's taking me back to a time where I 'experimented' with a few things. Think the brothers might have a few tangerine dream albums in their collection.

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought there were a few nods...if not samples of early TD in there. Also a little Ed Froese in places. Good album though....sets you off on a dream rightly.

B

batman

Been stuck in Spain ( due to French controllers strike ) got back this morning so currently on my first play through ( god I've been waiting for this album like no other I can remember) will report back with findings ...

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if they grew up in Canada....Edinburgh more likely. Name comes from their love of the old 70's 'Canada Film Board' short films that were aired on BBC 2 quite often. I think.

alboy1975

Wammer
Wammer
May 17, 2013
Paisley
AKA
Allan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
knew about canada film board connection. Pretty sure on the radio they said they lived in ottawa, as their father worked there (give you three guesses which radio station i listen to 12 hours a day hehe). they are edinburgh based now, as far as i know

B

batman

Ive had a week or so now to completely immerse myself in this and I think it's great , the great thing with music like BOC is repeated listens reveal more and more depth . It's certainly got a feeling of isolation about it but with some lovely uplifting tunes " new seeds " is the track that's taken my breath away today . There are elements on this album that remind me a bit of " dead cities " by FSOL . I was in a minority that loved " campfire " but this seems a natural progression IMO .

B

batman

Listenening to " palace posy " and I get images of hooded cult figures chanting its quite sublime really ...

khapahk

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 27, 2008
Linslade, Beds
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had my first listen to this album this afternoon and enjoyed it a lot. I suspect that Batman will be right about the benefits of repeated listening, good job the weekend is here.

k

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been playing it a lot both digital and vinyl. It's grand in a ....hard it all before....kind of way. I actually thought last night I was playing the previous album so similar were the tunes.

B

batman

I agree to a certain extent " sick times " and cold earth" are very campfire .... I just love getting lost in their world ... It's a great place to be

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree to a certain extent " sick times " and cold earth" are very campfire .... I just love getting lost in their world ... It's a great place to be
Perfect soundtrack for lazy hazy evenings I totally agree.

B

batman

3 weeks living with this and it was worth the 7 yr wait , what a stunning piece of work .. Album of the year contender already for me ... Just gets deeper and deeper with every listen ...

geraint

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2007
, ,
Been listening and while OK, I think things have moved on for me at least if I listen to Demdike Stare, Raime, Haxan Cloak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles