Bow Technologies Wizard 2 (24/192)

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
First impressions are positive - but playing unfamiliar cd's at the moment (been to HMV sale - lots of good buys
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
). Sounds clean and musicial, with a few goosebump moments already, not tapping the feet that much yet - but its only been on 30 minutes, so far its shining most on the chilled out bits.

It is a very beautiful bit of kit though - and the wand is very nice
500000033.gif.92511e2005a900cfb9bb836a01712b3a.gif

U

Umberto

Nah its rubbish. I'll take it off yer hands for a fiver
biggrin.png

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
doesn't actually strike me as the best match for the Yammys - the balance is on the lean side at the moment - detailed and precise, and a fair amount of soul - but something is missing at the moment....

perhaps unsurprisingly it strikes me as similar to how I felt about the Wazoo XL - keep reaching for the volume to turn it up. Hopefully it will spring to life after a few more days of play - it is almost brand new according to the seller - was bought to stand in while his other cdp was off getting repaired - it certainly looks box-fresh!

U

Umberto

Probably needs about a day of running in Russell if its anything like my Bowpre / poweramp.

M

Mr Coherent

Russ,

I would give it a good 3 days of constant playing before making any judgements IMHO

I would say its not reknown for a solid palpable imaging, but a good player without question

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I know I've put this up for sale - but this has been the plan for a long while, I'm not giving it time to warm up properly because I don't want to get too attached to it. The sound is perking up unbelievably nicely - I worried at first because 'Let Love In' sounded better on Hawk's CDS3 - but just played in again, and I'll leave you to figure out the result
tongue.png

U

Umberto

Leave a cd on repeat Russell for a few hours and then have a listen.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I've been listening for about 5 hours solid now Umberto - going back through the first cds I listened to - don't believe I'm listening to the same cd player
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

the music has arrived!

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Don't know if Ive ever listened for5 hours to same cdp. My Bow takes about 45-60 mins to sound good if its been off for a while. Thats not all it takes, but I notice the change after that time period.

G

Biscuit wrote:

I've been listening for about 5 hours solid now Umberto - going back through the first cds I listened to - don't believe I'm listening to the same cd player
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
the music has arrived!
Just wait till tommorow Rusky, 24 hours and it's reached it's zenith.

U

Umberto

Iam now the proud owner of this CD player and boy can it rock. It has a similar presentation to my old Primare but better in many areas especially information retrieval. Dragging so much more off the disc. And also very smooth sounding.

V. pleased

U

Umberto

I reckon its warmed up now so here is a short review.....

This has to be one of the most "analogue" sounding CD players around. Played some Antonio Forcione on it (Ghetto Paradise) and its just sublime. This is a good recording on the Naim label and the depth and prescence of the sound is just amazing. Currently playing Plum Djs (Fabric Live) and its singing, sounding less congested than the Primare

Fine detail retrieval is one of its strong points and it manages toachieve this whist still avoiding digital "nasties".

In short, a fantastic CD player.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k23435