Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A 'boys night out' last night. Me, my son, son-in-law and grandson (13) went to see the Liverpool leg of the Brit Floyd world tour at the Liverpool Philharmonic. Obviously we had to take our grandson to the Philharmonic pub to use the male toilets.

It was a good concert, something from Umma Gumma to Endless River. Not as note perfect as TAPFS (Aussie version) because they added a bit of their own variations which added to the variety and they were very good. musicians. The backing singer that did the vocals to The Great Gig in the Sky was one of the best I've heard and she got a bit of a standing ovation.

Some iPhone photos from the show.

brit floyd 1.jpg brit floyd 2.jpg britfloyd 4.jpg

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Missed that due to other things going on. The Liverpool Phil is one of my favourite venues. Lovely building and the size is about perfect. Coincidentally, saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets there a while back and it was epic.

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I saw them back 2011 Anvil Basingstoke, fantastic show highly recommend

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Missed that due to other things going on. The Liverpool Phil is one of my favourite venues. Lovely building and the size is about perfect. Coincidentally, saw Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets there a while back and it was epic.
I agree, It’s a great venue and for me, a perfect size. I’m not a fan of arena concerts.

Reactions: rabski

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seen them 3 times, the latest being last Saturday at the Anvil in Basingstoke in the company of @Lurch and @Speedracer, the band always put on a spectacular performance and lightshow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles