Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band Rock Wembley Stadium!

HiFi Lounge

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 24, 2012
Millow, Beds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Did anyone from Wigwam go to the Wembley gig last night?

EPIC is the only word I can think of to describe last night's Wembley show, Like many I have seen Bruce countless times since my first Bruce gig in 1985 but for me last nights performance takes it straight into the top 3 Bruce shows I have ever seen, along with Milan in '93 and July 5th last year in Paris.

I really believe that Bruce and the E-Street band have never been better, I had got 2 songs left on 'my want to hear list' Lost in a Flood and Thundercrack, at one point it looked as if Bruce was walking towards a banner for Thundercrack but he collected a Hungry Heart banner instead, I was gutted, only to be taken to cloud 9 a few minutes later when he played Lost in a Flood, it was all a little emotional

Light Of Day was another highlight that I haven't heard in a long time, if only he had played Part Man, Part Monkey it would have been the 80's all over again. I was convinced that we would be treated to Born in the USA in its entirety, considering how monumental that tour was at Wembley in 1985 but never expected Darkness in its entirety, I couldn't have been happier, there are some great guitar solo's on that album and it has been awhile since I have seen Bruce take centre stage so much and perform such amazing solo's, brilliant to watch, and although I have heard most of the songs live many times from Darkness they just seemed more enjoyable hearing them as part of the album, strange to explain but I enjoyed them last night more than I have ever before, I enjoyed Candy's Room maybe a little too much to be honest with my air guitar taking a right hammering but it was Racing In The Street that stole the show for me, the instrumental section at the end was mesmerising, great to see Roy doing his thing.

I'm convinced that Wembley 2013 will go down in the history books as one of Bruce's best and will be talked about for years to come by everyone who was lucky enough to be there, I had a feeling it would be a special night but had no idea it was going to be that great, it felt like a real treat for all the fans that have been following Bruce for all the years gone by.

I've got another 6 gigs left on this tour but I really can't see any of them touching last night, but that is the great thing about a Bruce gig, you never know what to expect, Leeds could be a corker and maybe Kilkenny will be up there, but I don't think that Wembley night will ever be repeated, I'm just grateful that I was there to experience it for myself.

Coventry next, can't wait to see what Bruce has in store for us then

Being a massive Bruce fan and running a HiFi shop I'm thinking about holding a Springsteen open day at HiFi Lounge around the beginning of August once the current tour is finished, just really to carry on the party and play Bruce songs all day on a reference system and then power up the PJ for some live action footage, if the weather is OK we may even light up the BBQ, I'll sort out a date in the week, should just be a bit of fun for fellow Bruce fans :)

Red Nugent

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Plymouth, ,
Racing in the street was a real lump in the throat moment for me too- I expected a good night but got much more , more than slightly envious of your ability to do numerous shows on the tour but would do the same given the chance

, however , Neil Young to see tomorrow night so certainly no complaints from me.other fine reviews on the Telegraph and Guardian and set list on nj. Com

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Back in the early 80's I saw them at the Wembley Arena (the Empire Pool as was). He played a two-hours-plus set, then four encores. The third encore STILL wasn't Born To Run :nerves: :shock: (it was a fabulous rendition of Fire, a capella with Clarence Clemons). By this stage the audience was so exhausted that the screams of me and my mate made it through to the stage, and I swear Bruce turned to the two of us and smiled as he launched into it. Practically a religious experience.

VB

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just spoken to my brother who was at the gig last night, asked him how it was and he said 'I can sum it up in two words,'

"Shit Sound"

Always a problem with stadium gigs, he was about two thirds down the pitch from the stage and said it was just a confusing mess as there were speakers at the back of the stadium and at the front so they were timing distortions.

arturo

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2009
Herts
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Sitting at the top, other end of the vast stadium I found the sound disappointing, an occasional wave effect due to wind maybe? But so good to see Bruce & the band, took until Born To Run to get me on my feet but never sat down from then on.

My partner had never been to a stadium rock gig, nor is a big fan but she said she gets it now, lots of great melodies/hooks, lots of repetition of these, most of the crowd know the words so lots of singing along.

Really emotional when he did the, "and the big man joined the band" line from Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out, pics of Clarence, & of Danny Federici too, on the big screens.

Always an uber-fan, an amazing set, around 3 hours non-stop.

PeteVid

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
South East London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
July 4th 1985 , Independence day gig at Wembley , that was a good one , some of it ended up on his double live album.

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
July 4th 1985 , Independence day gig at Wembley , that was a good one , some of it ended up on his double live album.
I was at that concert,happy days,went to the Munich and Hannover shows last month.

HiFi Lounge

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Sep 24, 2012
Millow, Beds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
That was my first Bruce gig, at the age of 15 I really had never seen anything like it, I had just started work and went out and spent my first weeks wages on Bruce's back catalogue, much to my parents dismay, I've never looked back though, that night really changed everything for me.

As for the sound quality at Wembley at the weekend, we were at the front of the pit but on the quiet parts I could hear the reverb so I can only imagine how bad it must have been further back, didn't seem to stop everyone dancing at the very back though.

Can't wait to see what he plays in Glascow tonight.

Btw, I'm arranging a Springsteen Day at HiFi Lounge, I'll start a seperate thread but if anyone could make it along it would be great to see you :)

http://hifilounge.tumblr.com/post/53293460831/bruce-springsteen-appreciation-day-at-hifi-lounge-on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online