Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Who is in the band these days?Cheers BB
Daevid Allen, nothing else matters.

Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth, Orlando Allen (drums), Fabio Golfetti (Invisible Opera Company of Tibet, Brazil; guitar), Dave Sturt (bass), Ian East (winds).

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Last saw Gong at the Patti Pavilion in Swansea. Must have been 1971/2?

Funnily don't remember much about it; it was smokey in there.

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A couple of years ago in Exeter, Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy were with them. It would be nice to see them again. And Didier too, now I think of it.

And watch out for the vicious woman in a wheelchair; I nearly twatted her!!!

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A full Cosmic Muesli breakfast is in order for this one. My missus is coming with me to Ian Anderson but I know she hates Gong so, me thinks I shall be seeing this one alone.

Jeez, November 18th doesn't give much time to grow my hair though. Ticket (singular) bought. Stuff her :cool:

nick dartmoor

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
Sep 19, 2009
Devon, UK
A couple of years ago in Exeter, Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy were with them. It would be nice to see them again. And Didier too, now I think of it.And watch out for the vicious woman in a wheelchair; I nearly twatted her!!!
Ha ha, I was there too, and I totally remember the vicious wheelchair woman! That was an amazing gig - really brought all the freaks out of the woodwork. Re Steve and Miquette's involvement - I know them quite well, and have spoken to them about their ongoing relationship with Gong. They said that Daevid was super-keen to steam straight on with another tour and album, straight off the back of the last one that they were touring when we saw them in Exeter. Steve and Miquette felt, though, that that album and tour had represented a considerable investment of time and work, and they felt that they had completed a chapter and now wanted to get back to their own projects (System 7 and Mirror system). Both those projects keep them immensely busy, so I'm not surprised at all. All the more reason to cherish the memory of that gig, for all it's unique perfection!

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not up to speed with Gong, what will they be doing, which album or playlist is likely ?

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not up to speed with Gong, what will they be doing, which album or playlist is likely ?
Great to hear the interest and stories, quite surprised too ! And Barney, not a clue. This is one in which to go blind.

Jason P

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2009
Somerset
AKA
Errr...Jason
Saw them about 8 years ago at Concorde II in Brighton. Once I'd got over the shock of seeing someone's granddad in a silver lycra jumpsuit they absolutely rocked for about 3 hours... fantastic gig! Will try and get to Brizzle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online