Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here is a very nice example of a Cambridge Audio Azur 851E analogue preamp in excellent condition and complete with user manual, remote control and original shipping box.

With eight inputs, three of which are switchable between balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA, there is also a dedicated sub-woofer output. Outputs include balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA ensuring compatability with a wide range of power amplifiers. This preamp offers defeatable tone controls and CA's patented terrapin buffering module which is designed to ensure that input and output impedances of connected audio sources match perfectly.

The 851 series was Cambridge Audio's original flagship range of products aimed at higher end audio and with performance to match. Plenty of reviews can be found online. The 851E is also eco friendly using just 0.5W while in standby.

£700 plus shipping.

Collection from Ipswich, Suffolk. Would consider delivery/meet within reasonable distance

Azur1.jpg
Azur2.jpg
Azur3.jpg
Box1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hifinutt and Bazzer

krellmad

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2012
County Durham
AKA
Vince
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This will go toe go toe with pre amps costing a whole lot more. Three balanced inputs that can be switched to single ended, how many high end amps have that. Power supply that could handle power duties, I'd have this in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a pre.
Glws

Reactions: hifinutt

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, kind of you to say.

I've been advised that upon the launch of their newer high-end range, Cambridge Audio significantly reduced the price of their remaining stock of 851 series products with the last ones of these being offered by Richer Sounds for just £499. I understand they also reduced the price of the matching network player from £1400 to just £799.

Bad news for the vast majority of owners that paid full price but a remarkable bargain for anyone that managed to get hold of the remaining units.

Under the circumstances I would be willing to listen to sensible offers.

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My main purpose in selling this was to raise funds for a good quality valve preamp having missed the midrange tone and texture I previously enjoyed with a Schiit Freya+ preamp I sold some months back.

Since deciding to advertise the 851E I have been able to borrow two other well regarded and more expensive solid state preamps and have listened extensively to both. It was evident that neither sounded as good in my system as the 851E which has caused me to reconsider the way forward.

I would still like to move back to valves but with little serious interest in the 851E thus far I have decided I will leave this ad running until Sunday evening and in the event that I do not get any serious interest at or very close to my asking price it will be withdrawn from sale and enjoyed for a further period of time.

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Preamp now sat back in my system and singing nicely.

I won't bother giving it any further bumps but I suppose it will remain available should there be any belated interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles