Cambs Christmas(ish) bakeoff??

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I know everyone is bake-offed out after a hectic October (especially down saaf), but since I managed to miss every single one - I would like to make a very tentative suggestion for an early (thinking Sunday 3rd) December bakeoff in mid. Cambs (PE274SA).

December is a very busy month for everybody, so I won't be offended if there isn't much interest (I've actually got to check when Cambridge interviews are too - touch wood that I get one!) but let me know if you fancy it, and I will put the wheels in motion to get the house to myself for a day. If anybody wants to come from further away, there are spare bedrooms, BUT this would be a big ask of my parent's, and I'd obviously have to check.

There is a big room downstairs (bigger than the one the Tannoys are currently in) that can be used, with enough seating for 6-10 (but will need some help getting the Tannoys down there if I've moved them upstairs). Plenty of room for more kit, and a second system could be set up upstairs if needs be. Its also a detatched house, so no volume restrictions :dude:

Who knows what my system will look like by then
wink.png
- but I suspect it may include the huge Tannoys, big Kenwood cd player, and hefty Pioneer amp + TT, but maybe something valvey might have appeared, and who knows, I might have an arm for the Sony TT......

Holla if you are interested, and hopefully this won't be a noughter, but if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I could manage one some other time.

Russ

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
thecrossovernetwork,
what's the thinking? Winter .... Cold ... Escape ... Narnia .... Wardrobe .... Biccy's new Speeks ...
tongue.png
:sw:
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif

would love to come but, with sprog #2 due at end of December, I'd get me nadgers in a bag to play with if I even broached the subject with the missus
wink.png
besides it's the busy season for me in the shop. not so much sleigh bells as till bells
tongue.png

p'raps another time though.

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
I would be interested too, actually, if there's room for a Naimie-orientated ditherer like me...

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I may be able to make early December as well, so I'm up for it.

Getting used to these bake offs now
biggrin.png

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
IMG_0665.jpg

just had to check the speakers sound OK in the big room
wink.png
will add you to the list Testy - think the CD7 might work a bit better with the Tannoys (although the treble is much more energetic in the new room).

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Biscuit wrote:

IMG_0665.jpg
just had to check the speakers sound OK in the big room
wink.png
will add you to the list Testy - think the CD7 might work a bit better with the Tannoys (although the treble is much more energetic in the new room).
Looking very nice Bicky:cool:

Cheers Bud:)

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
as its a sunday Russ i think its only proper that

you provide your guests with a full sunday lunch,

roast beef and all the trimmings......what do you think;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegp