HiFi Trade?
  1. No

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Me too, I have lots of Camel LPs and CDs and there is nothing new for me in this rather pricey box set.
It's aimed at the completist fan I think🤔 not that expensive if you want it all but most of it would go unplayed.

Reactions: Nestor Turton

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You'd probably have to be a real Camel fan to notice the subtle performance differences in the different recordings. I notice them but am not rich enough to buy the different recordings
I have some of their albums but if it was just a set of their best I'd be interested👍

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Be patient these sort of sets often get heavily reduced after a few months often just after Christmas . I may be reading it wrong but it is 5 Bluray discs not SACD .

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Too much for me as a set of CDs. I'd pay that for a smaller number of top-quality vinyl pressings though.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd pay that for a smaller number of top-quality vinyl pressings though.
I've asked before about HQ pressings of Snow Goose, Mirage but CamelProductions informed me that Decca were not interested in re-releasing that material or in letting anyone else do so

Andy Latimer should do a Taylor Swift and re-record everything!

Reactions: Nestor Turton

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've asked before about HQ pressings of Snow Goose, Mirage but CamelProductions informed me that Decca were not interested in re-releasing that material or in letting anyone else do so

I've got copies of both (and many others) that are excellent. I would dearly like the equivalent to the Steve Wilson Yes remixed box set. But then I could say the same for other bands of the era. Some remastered Focus would be very welcome here. Unlikely though. We're a small market, and getting smaller.

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Last month UMR released remastered versions of several Camel LPs. I can’t vouch for their quality, but thought it may be of interest. If anyone gives them a try I’d be very interested on any comments.

My Camel LPs are on Music on Vinyl and happy with them, but unavailable now as far as I know.

Of course purists would want NM 1st pressings, but they are around the £100 mark - bit too rich for me.

The only LP I‘ve paid that kind of money for was an original of “Anthems in Eden” by Shirley & Dolly Collins, which is my favourite record ever. I have only played it twice as the MoV version sounds every bit as good. I don’t usually buy records as collectors’ items, but this was the exception. Although it is sacrilege to say so the CD release on “Shirley Collins: The Harvest Years“ Is probably as good as it gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online