Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lots of racks have adjustable feet. You can fit inserts + adjustable feet to plinths to level them. There are lots of kits available on e-bay etc. The Superspikes range are v good & Paul @ PuriteNorth is now the UK distributor & could likely help if you drop him a PM to discuss. I think there are firms who sell adjustable plinths/outrigger feet for floor standing speakers too.

Ask on here by all means, but run some searches too & see what shows up. With racks particularly, any suggested may not chime with your own tastes.

Pussycat

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Norwich
AKA
Mike
I assume (you don't say) that the laminate is too reflective for your Summits to sound right; otherwise why put a carpet over? A fitted carpet is just that; fitted, which really does need gripper rods to be properly laid. Why not get a largish rug to lay between listening position and speakers; much easier to accommodate in a new location.

I couldn't imagine speakers without adjustable spikes or decouplers of some sort, and as already suggested, put concrete/stone slabs directly onto the laminate and decouple/ adjust from them. My large Quads come with adjustable spikes, so I'm surprised speakers of the calibre of Summits don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles