Linn Owners

Caution! Problem with latest Selekt Software.

pdcman

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 3, 2020
There is a potential problem with the latest software update for Selekt, where the outputs cease to function after updating. Linn are working on the problem but don’t have a fix yet!

Atze

Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
Thank god for this forum. Have been going nuts since this morning as there is no audio out on my SELEKT.
EDIT: started right after the latest software update, which I have been too lazy to install for a couple of weeks...

Last edited:

pdcman

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 3, 2020
Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of the software?

Atze

Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of the software?
Was looking for that option in Konfig. But seems to be gone.
I clicked on the „recover“ button. That did not resolve the issue.

After that, only updating to the latest version was offered automatically.

Atze

Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
Just had a call from my dealer and he told me how to fix the issue.

After the update you have to select speakers within the Konfig/ Speakers tab. It does not seem to matter which ones as long as you do not use Space Optimization. It took a couple of minutes but now there is sound again 🙃
1668274044927.png

zee9

Audio Junkie
Wammer
Oct 16, 2018
New Jersey, USA
AKA
Zorawar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was looking for that option in Konfig. But seems to be gone.
I clicked on the „recover“ button. That did not resolve the issue.

After that, only updating to the latest version was offered automatically.
Linn helpline also advised that rolling back to older softwares is no longer possible on the newer devices (selekt/NG Klimax etc.) so id be careful about upgrading software at first instant.

• Thanks
Reactions: akamatsu

Atze

Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
I actually had the update notification in my display for weeks...

So, I guess waiting a while and checking forums before updating is the way to go.

I would like Linn to actively communicate stuff like that or at least pull the updates asap.

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Linn helpline also advised that rolling back to older softwares is no longer possible on the newer devices
Really!!?? That sounds like a retrograde step! Yes Linn will always produce a fix but that could take some days to become available and Linn have some history in producing software that may not always work straight out of the box though TBF that's not usually firmware but control point software...

peter@57m

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 4, 2015
Surrey, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I questioned this on the Linn Dev Forum when I upgraded my KDSM to Organik:

Previous to the Organik upgrade I could see Davaar version available on https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/linn-.../Releases/ If I upgraded to the latest version but had issues or didn't like the sound of the new version I could go back to a previous version using the Konfig Advanced tab.

However there are no Davaar versions on the Downloads site for software variant 1063. I have looked at the Linndocs site and it appears to refernce the old way of doing updates and does not mention Organik procedures.

So my questions are:
  • how is an update to a new release done for a KDSM/Organik?
  • how do you go back to a previous version of Davaar on the KDSM/Organik
  • given there is no entry on the Downloads site, how do you know if a new Davaar is available?
Thanks, Peter

Response:

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I hope you're enjoying your KDSM with Organik!
  • You can update your KDSM by using the existing process of going into Konfig and choosing to apply a new update from there.
  • The only way to selectively move between different version of the software is by opting into (or out of) the beta program, to test out upcoming features and bug fixes. That can be done by selecting or deselecting the "Participate in beta program" box under the Advanced section of Konfig.
  • You can check if an update is available from within the Updates section of Konfig.

Zig

Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
Was caught out with outputs ceasing to function on my Select after installing the latest software update (was in the beta program). However, after visiting this forum I found I was not alone and after trying a few things and opting out of the beta program, I now have sound coming out of the speakers again. Now with Software Version 4.96.470 and Software Variant 973

Reactions: pdcman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles