STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
does anyone ever use things like:

random play.

intro.

pgm.

repeat.

or is it just the play and forward buttons on the remote.

my point is would it bring down the cost,and do we really need them:Not Sure:

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I find REPEAT very handy when running-in speakers.

Will be usingsaid function on the 581 for a couple of weeks when its delivered.

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
I think random should be banned. The amount of time that went into making them in the right order then you can ruin the flow by pressing a button.

I use repeat sometimes.

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
random play. Never

intro.: Never

pgm. : only when recording onto cdr

repeat. :'repeat disc' sometimes with new records, orrecords not havingheard for a long time.

darrenm

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
, , United Kingdom
I'd use Repeat All for run-in purposes, but never Random or Program
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif

A

Alex A

Program is the perfect tool for recording compilations.

Random/shuffle (err.. if I'm honest then I never use it)

Repeat - I use this for running equipment in, but also if i get a new album and wanna get into it. Play it in repeat in the background while working.

Intro - useless.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Open/close, play, pause, stop, forward and back. The rest are never used.

G

A welldesigned remote stops your cd player becoming a button fest. That said i use repeat, display on/off and volume

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Just repeat as others have mentioned. Only other ones which I find handy, is the index search: have some cd's that only have 1 track but many index's - why they couldn't just make the index tracks I don't know
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif

Testy

A

Alex A

On another point, it's not expensive to add these features at all. With most CD players, they come as part and parcel of the transport control (which 99% of the time is bought in from someone like Sony, at neglegible cost). Manufactures could not use/disable them, but it only means less buttons on the remote (again, hardly a costly thing).

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use the play and forward/backward one track buttons. Hardly ever use the fast forward/ backward function or anything else. The Denon has a pitch control function so i can speed the music up or slow it down. Why?

I'm still waiting for a major record label to announce they've released a CD at the wrong speed so I'll be able to correct it!

There's also Repeat All or Repeat A-B. I have used the Random facility a few times. It can make an album sound different by hearing the tracks in a different order. It's worse with my japcrap tape deck. Everytime I want to record I have to follow the manual! I think the Japanese are the worst culprits for adding useless functions and over-complicating things. But that's their nature - the tourists always have the latest cameras full of gadgets.

G

turnitup! wrote:

I use the play and forward/backward one track buttons. Hardly ever use the fast forward/ backward function or anything else. The Denon has a pitch control function so i can speed the music up or slow it down. Why?I'm still waiting for a major record label to announce they've released a CD at the wrong speed so I'll be able to correct it!
biggrin.png
:D:D

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Programme: mostly for recording CDRs, but sometimes if I only want particular tracks.

Repeat: occasionally, if I want same piece over & over.

Hardly know the rest of`em are there.

Tried "display off" several times, but I couldn't hear a difference, so leave that alone now.

Boxer

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
boxer wrote:

Programme: mostly for recording CDRs, but sometimes if I only want particular tracks.Repeat: occasionally, if I want same piece over & over.

Hardly know the rest of`em are there.

Tried "display off" several times, but I couldn't hear a difference, so leave that alone now.

Boxer
really boxer,that does surprise me,think most wigwammers

would say the difference is night and day mate:p:D

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
meninblack wrote:

Open/close, play, pause, stop, forward and back. The rest are never used.
That about sums it up for me as well, not that there are that many buttons of MF gear anyway.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
I just use the play, skip a track and stop button.

As mentioned above the display on off feature makes such a huge difference that the display is always off
wink.png

Hawk

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
I ues most of the functions on my cdp...

However, those are on/off, open/close, play, stop, ffwd/rwd and skip.

There's only 2 other functions anyway, volume and display on/dim/off. As I've got a pre amp the volume doesn't get used, and display off etc makes no difference apart from not allowing me to see what track number is playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.