Changing mysqueezebox.com country setting back and forth

NAM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
AKA
Neil
Is it possible to change the mysqueezebox.com country setting from UK to US in order to run an app that's only available in that country and then change it back when needed?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Short answer is no as the Logitec Media Server will still detect that you IP addess is in the UK and will not allow you to use the US App . Long answer is yes but it will require quite a bit of faff and as far as I know it will also cost you . This is via some of the sites that offer you a service which hides your IP address and gives you one via their server which is often based in US or Canada which then fools LMS and allows you to use the APP . Never tried it and not sure that it works completely but it is possible.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Short answer is no as the Logitec Media Server will still detect that you IP addess is in the UK and will not allow you to use the US App . Long answer is yes but it will require quite a bit of faff and as far as I know it will also cost you . This is via some of the sites that offer you a service which hides your IP address and gives you one via their server which is often based in US or Canada which then fools LMS and allows you to use the APP . Never tried it and not sure that it works completely but it is possible.
The trick is to use a VPN service...there are some around that are free (Google "free VPN") but they are of variable quality (i.e., crap). So yes, you would have to pay to get a decent VPN service that allows your traffic to appear as if it comes from the USA. This is the same trick you need to use if you are overseas and want to view BBC iPlayer, except in that case you choose a service that makes the VPN look UK based. The better VPN services allow you to choose/change where your traffic appears to come from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online