Chapter Audio

G

Couple of ex Chord guys set up their own company. Have heard the pre/ power driving some B&WNautilus with dcs one boxer for source and have also heard the integrated with a variety ofkit. As to how it sounds well very clean but slightly too clinical for my tastes.Looks wise a bit of knockout but they're still very much a young company but i fancy them to get better. Digital amplification continues to push the boundaries.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had the same experience as Duvet with these (Iwas sitting next to him on both occassions) and I really like what they do. I found it a bot hard to judge on the first occassion as the music choice was horrid, but the HiFi itself really was very good.

If you have the budget Iw ould say definately have a listen./

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
what speakers did you hear them with? S-O-M have a 2nd hand one for sale, half price.

I'd consider the Advantage monos too but just don't have enough room for them.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We heard the Precis with testures revels and Duvets Wadia spinner. Good , but a bad partner for the explicit revels.

I also heard it with the B&W 802's. Very good hifi indeed. But I do like the big B&W's.

My take on it is this: The Advantages will be warmer and beefier, the Chapter will be more detailed and perhaps a tadge more controlled. I am sure JJ will give you a good listen to both. You could do worse than putting yourself in his hands for a couple of hours.

James.

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
not much chance of a trip down sarf.... does he do sale or return?
smile.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I never quite understand this! peeps happy to spend several grand on kit, but wouldn't spend £70.00 on a flight to go and listen first.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its not the money... its the time.
sad.png

There is no way I could spend aday away from home at present.... sod it I can't even get a morning or afternoon free to drive through to Glasgow to get the turntable fixed!

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicbox wrote:

Its not the money... its the time.
sad.png
There is no way I could spend aday away from home at present.... sod it I can't even get a morning or afternoon free to drive through to Glasgow to get the turntable fixed!
Fair enoughski.

I will go and dem them for you.
biggrin.png

M

Mr Coherent

Left me very cold I'm afraid zip engaugement, agree on the looks/build though

enjoy_the_music

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2006
Brittany , France
AKA
Farmer Rich
Hi...this is the word on my grapevine..

The preamp is crap and the power amp only just passes as being acceptable for the money outlay.

Plus i know one unlucky chap who ended up taking a huge loss from new for the kit on eBay....all after a 'great' hifi review in Hifi Choice (was it?).

Styling ok...although the gaudy stuff always looks dated quickly.

G

musicbox wrote:

what speakers did you hear them with? S-O-M have a 2nd hand one for sale, half price.I'd consider the Advantage monos too but just don't have enough room for them.
Ok you know i use the Advantage mono's and yes they are big hefty buggers but they will work very well with a wide variety of kit. I'm sure there is the perfect bit of synergy out there for the Chapter but alas i've yet to really hear it. Phone JJ up at SOM and ask for a demo of both via a deposit and an extended listening period.My money 's on the Advantages:dude:

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The advantages are not an option....like I said, too big. Don't think I'll take things further with the Chapter.

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Wow drug dealer hifi! I thought only Chord had that wrapped up but I see its in the family haha.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
garyi wrote:

Wow drug dealer hifi! I thought only Chord had that wrapped up but I see its in the family haha.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif
It could do with light-up feet really. :lmao:

G

musicbox wrote:

The advantages are not an option....like I said, too big. Don't think I'll take things further with the Chapter.
Its a good price for the Chapter but as they are not that well known resale could be a problem if you don't like it.I think it would work very nicely with the Marantz spinner.Bel Canto mono's seem to be getting very positive feedback at the moment and are defintely more rack friendly

G

Duvet wrote:

.Bel Canto mono's seem to be getting very positive feedback at the moment and are defintely more rack friendly
and superb with the smaller pre3 I have to add, makes a lovely neat system too, and sounds superb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louis_067