Wammer
Wammer
Mar 6, 2008
Scotland
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What about a second hand Squeezebox Duet..? I've owned one for a few ears now with fantastic results!

mmar

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2008
North east
AKA
mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jango radio app played via a iPod - iPhone into a pure i20 docking station

hifinutter

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
north yorkshire
I don't have a smart phone or ipod /ipad . i was thinking of something independant really , i will look into a squeezebox thingy!! :? :nup: I know i must get up with all this technology:D

nat8808

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 8, 2007
London
AKA
Nat
A 12" Mac iBook G3 with wireless running an old version of iTunes. Is plenty fast enough and looks pretty enough. Will have to keep it plugged into it's charger as unlikely to have a very good battery. Will be more user friendly and arguably better sound quality than a cheap plastic, unknown brand £100 DAB/internet radio thing from the shops.

Find a friend who wants rid of one or pick one up for £10 or less e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/apple-ibook-g3-dual-usb-with-cd-rom-/281178271969

P.S. iTunes does internet radio if you wonder why I mention it. You would also be able to still find internet radio software that runs on old versions of OSX to install for free, FStream or similar.

hifinutter

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
north yorkshire
A 12" Mac iBook G3 with wireless running an old version of iTunes. Is plenty fast enough and looks pretty enough. Will have to keep it plugged into it's charger as unlikely to have a very good battery. Will be more user friendly and arguably better sound quality than a cheap plastic, unknown brand £100 DAB/internet radio thing from the shops.Find a friend who wants rid of one or pick one up for £10 or less e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/apple-ibook-g3-dual-usb-with-cd-rom-/281178271969

P.S. iTunes does internet radio if you wonder why I mention it. You would also be able to still find internet radio software that runs on old versions of OSX to install for free, FStream or similar.
that's really good advice thanks but unfortunatly i dont have space for a laptop where my gear is cheers though:^

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Terratec Noxon 2. Bought used for around GBP20-30.

Wifi connection, RCA and optical out, so either to your amp or DAC.

Has even remote with volume control.

hifinutter

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
north yorkshire
Terratec Noxon 2. Bought used for around GBP20-30.Wifi connection, RCA and optical out, so either to your amp or DAC.

Has even remote with volume control.
This would be ideal ,my son can use his ipod on it too but can't find one second hand anywhere .I will have to keep my eyes peeled thanks a lot:^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles