Christmas CD wishlist

G

What yer hoping for if you are on the good list. I've held back from buying recently as my cd crimbo list makes it easier for her indoors and relatives

High on my list is

srv.jpg

The Sky is crying:upgrade:
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have shocked the Mrs. by not asking for any classical, but for Robert Plant's Mighty Re-arranger. Anyone know if its as good as the reviews it got?

barty

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2005
anglesey, , United K
excellent album from one of the finest guitarists to live. got all of his stuff including rare radio interviews

Duvet wrote:

What yer hoping for if you are on the good list. I've held back from buying recently as my cd crimbo list makes it easier for her indoors and relativesHigh on my list is

srv.jpg

The Sky is crying:upgrade:
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now I have an analogue sounding CDP there is sooo much to digitize. Lots of SRV, in fact all of my blues and Stones stuff.

Bracko

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
Cheltenham, , United
I've put a couple of hints in but not sure whether or not I've been a good boy this year:(

Have asked for Antony and the Johnsons and anythying by the Tindersticks

Just in case I don't, I made a 'stealth' purchase and treated myself to a new balanced IC from Tone. Happy Christmas to me:cool:

G

srv.jpg

Oh yes its here. I have a 28 year old Warres vintage port for after dinner. Port and SRV :dude:

G

srv.jpg

Ok so i'm a bit tanked up but over the years i have heard many versions of Little Wing by Hendrix but Srv has absolutely fuckin nailed it. Can't believe i'm going to say this as Hendrix is a god but it wee wwe's all over any version i have ever heard.

The fact that SRV is deadthrough sheer bad luck is to quote Jammy the worst roll of the dice i've ever known. Period. Ala Buckley we will never know:Upset:

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet,

Remember the first time I heard Texas Flood - speechless - will get this one as well.

Terrible loss.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love SRV to bits but Little Wing was best done by Hendrix. The only other version I really like is by Derek & The Dominos because they take it and do something very different with it. It's scary how Hendrix-like Stevie is though, I've often found myself feeling I prefer him but then being pulled back by my inner being at the last moment as Hendrix was the innovator - you can never beat that. Stevie Ray will remain the best Hendrix-style bluesman that ever lived. While most talented guitarists can copy Hendrix, SRV equals him and then takes it somewhere else. It's a sight to see Stevie (sadly now only on DVD:Upset:), drenched in sweat, eyes closed and head back letting his fingers do some serious talking. The fretboard was his playground - a cliche I will use on this occasion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles