For Sale

PhilCO

Wammer
Dec 26, 2022
Trowbridge, Wilstshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am going to sell the following:

ClearAudio Ovation turntable with ClearAudio Tracer tonearm and a Shelter 501 III MC Cartridge. I also have the ClearAudio Perspex dust cover for the turntable.

The deck is probably 8 years old, the tonearm about 18 months old and the cartridge was purchased with the deck. It has hardly been used - possibly around 30-40 hours (Frankly I'm embarrassed how little Ive used it - the reason why I have decided to sell it). This deck was purchased in the USA where I had lived the past 14 years. Overall the deck is in excellent condition but there are three points about it to note:

1. The blue LED indicating power appears dimmer than the other LEDs (e.g. the 33rpm LED when running). Of course this has zero impact on performance and may actually of been designed that way - I cannot remember. ** SEE UPDATE 9th FEB - NOW RESOLVED WITH NEW SPEED CONTROL BOARD **
  2. **UPDATE - I have sourced the UK plug adapter - see photos in last post ** The deck being purchased in the US has a US plug on it. This is a universal power supply (100-240V 50/60Hz) but I have to plug it into the UK mains via a UK/USA plug adapter. It works fine but ideally would be replaced - either like for like or an uprated power supply - of which there are a couple of ClearAudio options.
  3. This deck has a fixed bearing installed. I have the original bearing and that will be included in the sale. This was positioned to me as an upgraded bearing mechanism and was manufactured by ClearAudio and fitted by their authorised dealer in the USA. The reason I had this bearing fitted was that the flexing on the floor in our US house caused the stylus/arm to jump. The dealer with Clear Audio assessed this would fix the problem - which it did. ** SEE UPDATED 9th FEB - ORIGINAL BEARING INSTALLED - FIXED BEARING TO BE INCLUDED WITH SALE - PERFORMED BY SOUND FOWNDATIONS UK DISTRIBUTOR **
The deck has all the original packaging, although this is a new upgraded arm and I am not sure that will fit into the original packaging. The dustcover is still boxed from the shipping back from the US, but was blemish free when packed and will be re-inspected.

I am asking £3,995 (Bank Transfer. Paypal add 3%)

I am based just outside of Trowbridge, Wilts and would suggest collection only

Thanks for looking

Phil

IMG_0777.jpeg IMG_0778.jpeg IMG_0779.jpeg IMG_0780.jpeg IMG_0781.jpeg IMG_0735.jpeg IMG_0736.jpeg

Last edited:

PhilCO

Wammer
Dec 26, 2022
Trowbridge, Wilstshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have reduced the price of this deck today

I also have a Quadraspire Black SVT Wall bracket that can be included for the asking price - will try and get some photo’s of that posted

Phil

PhilCO

Wammer
Dec 26, 2022
Trowbridge, Wilstshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here are the photos of the Quadrapsire wall bracket - my packing issue but there is a small dent in a corner - see photo - a sharpie pen will address 90% of it and it does look a lot worse in the photo than in reality. Thanks for looking IMG_0800.jpeg IMG_0802.jpeg IMG_0803.jpeg IMG_0801.jpeg

PhilCO

Wammer
Dec 26, 2022
Trowbridge, Wilstshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This deck is still for sale - thanks to the folks that gave me some advice on it.

Today, the deck has been to the ClearAudio distributor (Sound Fowndations).

They have replaced the speed control board - this was required to fix the "main on LED" light

They also swapped the fixed bearing over for the original magnetic bearing (The fixed bearing will also be included in any sale should you prefer that option)

I also have a new belt - the original is still usable but the replacement is there with the deck, plus a tube of the bearing oil

The turntable is still dismantled after shipping back from Sound Fowndations

Thanks again for the feedback

Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles