Coherent Conniseur vs KK jupiter power cable

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
This maybe a sensitive issue as both of the companies are fellow wammers but i actually need a mains cable right now as my new cdp didn't come with one!

It is most likely to be used with the amp so the standard one from that can be used with the cdp-for the time being.

I figured i might aswell go the whole hog and get the best one i can afford. I have shortlisted to these2 flagship modesl which although not cheap, i have been reading great reviews on them and compared to the big name companies out there they seem to be good VFM.

Question is, which one do i get? The Jupiter does cos £345 which is a little pricey and Mr C's cable is slightly cheaper and at twice the length!!

I will eventually get another for the cdp in the future but for now i desperately need a power cable!

Cheers

Ultra

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm sure Frank will put me right on this but i think the Jupiter is particularly designed for use with power amps. You may finda KK Stratos would be ideal for your CDP instead - you'll save a few £s to boot.

M

Mr Coherent

The Connissuer is £450 for a 2m length and £275 for a 1m length

Quite happy to go one on one with ANY power lead (in non S & M way
biggrin.png
)

E

earl of sodbury

curtis wrote:

Mr Coherent wrote:
The Connissuer is £450 for a 2m length and £275 for a 1m lengthQuite happy to go one on one with ANY power lead
Phwoar i'll bring the whipping cream and leather pants
...time you was put on the Bromide, 'fore you comes to harm young master Curtis...
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

M

Mr Coherent

Cheers Curt,

That read abit like Miss whiplash's price list
biggrin.png

You will need to try a few in your system and see what cooks with the rest of the equipment before laying out any cash.

In a more formal answer er um........

We are quite happy to demonstrate our range of cables against just about all other in the context of the system to which they are being used for.

Customers have traded in Valhalla, Anaconda's, Elrods sigs, Transparents, Virutal dynamics, Electra guides Ephiany 'x's and Ultra KHan's for our products.

However this does not mean it will automatically follow for anyone else.

E

Effem

Papa Lazarou wrote:

I'm sure Frank will put me right on this but i think the Jupiter is particularly designed for use with power amps. You may finda KK Stratos would be ideal for your CDP instead - you'll save a few £s to boot.
The Jupiter isn't specifically designed to be used for power amps, although their size and power handling capacity would suggest they might be. I've used them on pre-amps, transports andDAC's too myselfwith great results and one of my customers has his whole system wired from stem to stern with them (nice when you can afford it!).

I'm sure Tony will also mirror that statement by saying big fat power cords are not entirely exclusive for big power amp applications only

E

Effem

notaclue wrote:

:Not Sure:
Wassamatter Notty, has someone proved to you that a big fat power cord can and will fit into other orifices besides the inlet to a power amp? :green:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bugsaint