COMPETITION: What Will Auntie Buy At Selectadisc Today ???

What Will Auntie Buy At Selectadisc Today ???

  • Something twee by someone Swedish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some mind bendingly weird avant garde beepery

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something twee by someone Scottish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something by the Carpenters

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something jangly by someone Scottish

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some inept garage rock

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something jangly and stoned sounding by someone from Liverpool

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some truly righteous roots reggae

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Auntie has gone trolling off to town on the number 4 bus with 40 whole English Pounds in her pocket which she is determined to spend all of in the record section of selectadisc. (see she's 40 quid woman, rather than 50 quid man, feminists should demand to know why)

Its quiet here today on a wet Friday afternoon, so I thought I'd conduct a poll.

Multiple selections are possible. Vote and state what you voted. A free Milty Duopad (its a velvet recordcleaning padthingy - it can probably be used on those dreadful silver things as well)to anyone who gets it right. And a spot prize of a Goldring exstatic brushfor the post which makes me snigger out loud.

I won't know til she gets back ... and she's having tea and cake with her friend Rachel, so it could be a while. But I'll leave the poll open til Sunday

 

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
6,819
1,472
158
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
weird avant garde beepery and/or inept garage rock - it's selectadisk they specialise in them (well the one I've been in does).

 

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
13,193
67
0
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
selectadisc worth a visit then? spotted it a few times now, never had time to venture in, didnt know they did second hand vinyl!

I predict she comes back with 40 sobs worth of shoes
wink.png


 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
griffo104 wrote:

weird avant garde beepery and/or inept garage rock - it's selectadisk they specialise in them (well the one I've been in does).
Could be ... but to win a prize you have to be specific - is that one, the other or both ... no hedging
smile.png


 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Matt J wrote:

selectadisc worth a visit then? spotted it a few times now, never had time to venture in, didnt know they did second hand vinyl!I predict she comes back with 40 sobs worth of shoes
wink.png
Selectadisc Nottingham does new and second hand vinyl - a whole floor of it. Well worthavisit.

Shoes was last week ... but if she does a prize is yours
wink.png


 

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
6,819
1,472
158
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Uncle Ants wrote:

griffo104 wrote:
weird avant garde beepery and/or inept garage rock - it's selectadisk they specialise in them (well the one I've been in does).
Could be ... but to win a prize you have to be specific - is that one, the other or both ... no hedging
smile.png
Voted for both as it's just too difficult to decide
biggrin.png
. I know what I end up when I've been there.

 

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
2,059
17
103
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
carpenters

i often used selectadisc in london, but often referred to it as selectadick because invariably the staff were of the 'cooler than thou' variety and it was always a case of trying to pick the one who was the least likely to be a tosser.

 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Anthony wrote:

carpentersi often used selectadisc in london, but often referred to it as selectadick because invariably the staff were of the 'cooler than thou' variety and it was always a case of trying to pick the one who was the least likely to be a tosser.
That's London for you. Lived there for years but left because I couldn't stand the record shop assistants;) They're okay here.

By the way. I strongly suspect you aren'y going to win a prize :Not Sure: There's a clue there for everyone else
wink.png


 

audioorigami

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
544
3
0
Glasgow
AKA
j7
when i was young, id listen to the radio,--- waiting for my favorate songs, when they played id sing along, it made me smile:whitter2:

j7

 

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
18,072
730
173
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
twee from sweden, jangly from scotland and some righteous regae. That's what I'd choose if I were your auntie. (Take no notice of me being ten years older with a moustache, it's all the same with your eyes closed..." Ants! Are those blue socks your wearing? Your mother would never have allowed you out in blue socks! Well. Come inside right away and I'll find you a nice tartan pair)

 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
rockmeister wrote:

twee from sweden, jangly from scotland and some righteous regae. That's what I'd choose if I were your auntie. (Take no notice of me being ten years older with a moustache, it's all the same with your eyes closed..." Ants! Are those blue socks your wearing? Your mother would never have allowed you out in blue socks! Well. Come inside right away and I'll find you a nice tartan pair)
smile.png
All quite possible .... we shall soon see ... well I will. I'm not gonna tell you lot til Sunday.

Right now no socks at all. Flip flops.

 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Okay sooo .... What can I say ...

1. she didn't buy any shoes

2. she didn't buy any Carpenters though
wink.png


3. She spent more than 40 quid ("Well, I just couldn't resist" says she)

4. No one has it right yet ....but the Mardmeister and Griffo aren't a gazillion miles off (you can have another go chaps - I can't be havin' a competition with prizes and no one win can I?)

 

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
4,175
1
0
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
pamela andersons gusset wrote:

Something jangly by someone Scottish?either rod stewart or runrig perhaps?
Hmmm... well probably not. Think more along the lines of Teenage Fanclub and you would be closer ... though it wouldn't actually bethe Fanniesas I doubt there's anything they've done she hasn't got.

Remember kids. There's stuff to be had for free . All you gotta do is vote
wink.png


These Duopad's are ace and in real life £3.95 - <dealers_hyperbole>worth at least 10 times that</dealers_hyperbole>
wink.png


 

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
11,731
4,423
208
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've plumped for something twee by someone Scottish because of the hints so far and the mention of Teenage Fanclub. They were/are Glaswegians and started off as a sort of mild Scottish version of Nirvana but quickly dropped the noisy grunge to concentrate on the simple clarity of Byrds-y type pop.

I'm also drawn to some inept garage rock for similar reasons. Can we vote for two and still get it right?

[align=center]Auntie Ants went into town

Leaving Uncle in his gown

She meant to shop at Selectadisc

But came back with an electric whisk.[/align]

I thank you.

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,280
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok Ok , so it rained a little on Friday but jeez,

If the rain in Nottingham was anything like the rain in not so sunny scunny, you would have better off helping Noah.

 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
109,316
Messages
2,317,836
Members
69,454
Latest member
OpenSea_0