Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What do we know? I have heard they are a tad laid back? Dave, how are you getting on with your new Copland?

G

Your about as obvious as me when it comes to new kit.
biggrin.png
What you after then

G

Wadia 301 CD player SH [highlight= #ffff00]£1825

Very fine CD player. Fixed and variable outputs for direct feed straight into a power amp. Built like a tank, later specification and just serviced. Boxed and in fine condition

smwadia.jpg

:flasher::flasher::flasher::flasher:

Hallo buy me buy me

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
couple of options. One involves upsetting the bank manager, the other would cost very little once I had sold my Naim. Gotta loose the puck and drawer system with two kids.

ohh bollox.. may as well:

Have seen a Wadia 6 for a good price and a Consosnance Droplet for a good price, but both would be a financial stretch. The Copland would be an easy buy.

301 = £1835 and a testicle mate.

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
only heard the current copland cdp, was thinking of chucking my planet against one, then later adding copland or prima luna valve amp. Fraid it did not do it for me, good CDP- but not my style. lacked the drive and balls of the rega. Bit more refined in some ares, nice sound stage, easy description more hi fi,. less music. I'm gonna wait for the new rega's to hit the dealers then listen again. Appollo replaces planet at same price, I undersatnd jupiter replacement is keeping name and price.

have you heard any of the new denon kit, if small sticky fingers are gonna be a problem for a while may be a decent way to go sounds good at sensible money

G

Have a word with Tony re Wadia he may know of some coming up for grabs in the second hand market. Re the Copland. Fantastic cd players with exemplary build quality. Does the micro stuff really well. Lots of little details you may otherwise miss it finds. Wouldn't say it was a Prat disciple so the presentation would be quite a bit different to your normal fare. Hey but your a big lad you'll adjust:D

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers all. dudy, I will have a listen to the new Rega for sure. However the Copland will be a blind buy and should selll for close to what i might pay for it. So could well have a go at that one first.

I understand it will be more laid back. But long term I am thinking Unico amp and Dali Ikon 6 speakers for a complete change of presentation. Just because life is short and i fancy a change really.

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Those Dali's have been getting rave reviews! Have you heard them? I'm tempted with a pair of Ikon 6's or 7's myself.

I've heard the Copland, btw, smooth but refined and detailed nonetheless. Partnered with matching Copland amp and Sonus Faber Cremona (Auditor?) speakers (the Copland and Unico are likely to be a good combination).

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The copland 277is a great player... heard it when it was new on themarket (1997ish?)and thought it better than the more expensive 288, which was almost over-detailed if that's possible.

G

Jezzer wrote:

Those Dali's have been getting rave reviews! Have you heard them? I'm tempted with a pair of Ikon 6's or 7's myself.I've heard the Copland, btw, smooth but refined and detailed nonetheless. Partnered with matching Copland amp and Sonus Faber Cremona (Auditor?) speakers (the Copland and Unico are likely to be a good combination).
Jezzer the Dali ikon 6 punches way above its weight. Imho the best floorstander i've heard under a grand period:shock:.Art fans i have yet to hear anything from the range so don't shoot me;)

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes Jezzer, Duvet and i heard the Ikon 6's in a very good room at the Heathrow show. i agree that shows are not the best place for an audition but there was no questioning the ability of these speakers. Fluid, Lythe and dynamic. Great stuff.

So the Copland then sounds like it might fit well in tyhe Unico / Dali set up.. hmm exciting new HiFi without having to sell any internal organs. I like it.
biggrin.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
musicbox wrote:

The copland 277is a great player... heard it when it was new on themarket (1997ish?)and thought it better than the more expensive 288, which was almost over-detailed if that's possible.
This one is about 7 years old I think. But in fine fettle.

NOW Some one buy my Naim, please.
biggrin.png
:D

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
hifiwigwam wrote:

musicbox wrote:
This one is about 7 years old I think. But in fine fettle.

NOW Some one buy my Naim, please.
biggrin.png
:D
james you ain't won the auction yet mate:p

how much you prepared to bid.

E

Effem

Very nice bit of kit and I thought about having a dabble on the same player myselfbut that was until my pre-amp expired the other day :(Bugger.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Effem wrote:

Very nice bit of kit and I thought about having a dabble on the same player myselfbut that was until my pre-amp expired the other day :(Bugger.
Frank, is all of your kit dying on you mate. The power amp whent the other day didn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bugsaint