Crime films

P

Pmcman

Watching Hatton garden job film later, probably watch sexy beast again after as I love that film.

cant wait to go and see the new tom cruise film, American made, when it comes in in September. An interesting satire film about an airline pilot turned drug runner. I think done in a jokey way like that Scorsese film with di caprio. 

harris33

New Wammer
Oct 2, 2017
I understand if you dislike Cruise for his Scientology and wife mishaps (overread about that when was writing about him for this website), but he makes good movies. I've never seen one of his movies that I didn't have something good to say about. He is entertaining and I will see this film because he always delivers.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Did you miss Eyes Wide Shut and the dreadful re-make of War of the Worlds then?

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't get me wrong. I dislike Cruise for his scientology and general off-screen idiocy. However, primarily I dislike him because he has the acting ability of a dead slug. The earlier quote mentions watching Sexy Beast. See the scenes in that with Ben Kingsley and watch a real actor. The scene in front of the mirror when he's shaving still gives me the creeps.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I disagree with you. I think Leo not so good for Scorsese films, because he played "cute boys" roles. Leo will be great in role of romantic essay writer in small town, which writing poems to somebody.
But he can't act. Surely, that is what an 'actor' is supposed to do.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got dragged out on a date to see The Mummy recently. Cruise was appalling, as was the whole film. There were no further dates...
Good Lord lad, you went on a date to see a film called 'the mummy' with Tom Cruise in it? What did you expect?

Mind you, I'm no better. Many moons ago, my ex-wife and a friend of hers dragged me and her friend's hubby to see Titanic. He and I got thrown out. Possibly the luckiest escape ever.

Nagraboy

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2014
Nottingham
AKA
Greg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good Lord lad, you went on a date to see a film called 'the mummy' with Tom Cruise in it? What did you expect?

Mind you, I'm no better. Many moons ago, my ex-wife and a friend of hers dragged me and her friend's hubby to see Titanic. He and I got thrown out. Possibly the luckiest escape ever.
Don't get me wrong, I dreaded it from the start. I managed to talk him out of theTransformers movie but couldn't convince him towards the Churchill one that was on.

Good shout on Sexy Beast earlier - one of my faves. Hard Eight is another good one. Philip Baker Hall is superb in that film.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't get me wrong, I dreaded it from the start. I managed to talk him out of theTransformers movie but couldn't convince him towards the Churchill one that was on.

Good shout on Sexy Beast earlier - one of my faves. Hard Eight is another good one. Philip Baker Hall is superb in that film.
Not even heard of it, so thanks for the recommendation.

Sexy Beast is in my top ten, purely for Ben Kingsley. Another excellent one if you like that sort of thing is In Bruges. A gem of a film with  superb black humour.

Reactions: Nagraboy

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm a big Film Noir fan, and there are plenty on YouTube. I've watched almost all of them at least twice.

Favourite actors? Bogart, Robert Mitchum, Richard Widmark, Dan Duryea, Peter Lorre

Favourite actresses? Lizabeth Scott, Ida Lupino, Gene Tierney, Gloria Grahame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.