Linn Owners

Criticisms of the new Selekt?

JayC

Wammer
Dec 3, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have upgraded my Selekt DSM from Katalyst to Organik and It is a massive upgrade, the detail level is insane, the best I have heard from any DAC. I will be selling my Chord TT2 as the tiny Organik beats it in all departments.

dac.jpg

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be selling my Chord TT2 as the tiny Organik beats it in all departments.
It must be very good indeed - were you using the MScaler with your Hugo TT2? I use Linn and Chord kit, but have decided the trade in cost for Organik is too high for me so will stay with Katalyst; not heard Organik so no opinion how it fares against Katalyst or MScaler Pulse Array (Chord). If Organik comes close to MScaler Pulse Array then it'd be a superb achievement, if it betters it then that would make it better than any DAC I've heard.

Geektastic

Wammer
Jan 7, 2021
Near Wellington, NZ
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think the reason the reviews are almost non-existent to date is due to the delay in Linn fulfilling orders. It is now over 5 weeks since my order went in. My dealer is waiting on more than half a dozen ‘ Editions‘ including mine and their own demo unit. I have been told that Linn are waiting on a delivery of ‘metal’ which I assume is for the case. Hopefully I can give you my first impressions before Christmas.
You bought it without hearing it?

JayC

Wammer
Dec 3, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It must be very good indeed - were you using the MScaler with your Hugo TT2? I use Linn and Chord kit, but have decided the trade in cost for Organik is too high for me so will stay with Katalyst; not heard Organik so no opinion how it fares against Katalyst or MScaler Pulse Array (Chord). If Organik comes close to MScaler Pulse Array then it'd be a superb achievement, if it betters it then that would make it better than any DAC I've heard.
I have not tried the MScaler. I always found the Chord TT2 a little artificial sounding, the Organik is well Organik sounding, very natural with heaps of detail.

JayC

Wammer
Dec 3, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My dual mono selekt arrived yesterday, have it up and running in to my SCM40A speakers and pleased with my purchase. Sweet detailed and good bass, my previous system was NDX/ 252/300/Titans, different presentation but certainly up there and only one box.
My single Organik DAC Selekt sounds amazing, I dread to think how good 2 X Organik's sound in a dual mono configuration! BTW the soundstage opens up a lot after 100 hours, and the detail levels increase as well.

Reactions: Andy hunter

Billz

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You bought it without hearing it?
Absolutely. Let's face it, it can't not be better than what I currently have as there is an improved power supply and the organic DAC. I have also owned Linn kit for over 30 years and never made an upgrade with Linn products that was not an improvement. There is also the added bonus that my dealer will give me my old kit back if I am not happy with my purchase. Can't say fairer than that.

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
Had edition stereo organik for only one day.
It for the moment, has been used in exakt mode, which I must say is very detailed and musical. I can assure anyone it is way better than the akurate hub.
Looking forwards to trying 3 stereo organik into 109s!

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
My dual mono selekt arrived yesterday, have it up and running in to my SCM40A speakers and pleased with my purchase. Sweet detailed and good bass, my previous system was NDX/ 252/300/Titans, different presentation but certainly up there and only one box.
Lovely system, heard atc 50 with organik, very enjoyable.

Reactions: Andy hunter

Andy hunter

Wammer
New Wammer
May 22, 2013
Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really like what I am hearing, got speakers and selekt at same time seem a good partnership, don’t even want to think about the 50’s 😂😂 didnt think I would get close to the Naim & Titans but this is v good, see what it sounds like after 100hrs 👍👍

Reactions: silkie and Billz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online