Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well did not think this would happen as I waited so long for this amplifier and done so much work along with Glenn Croft to get it it working in my system . This is a really lovely sounding amplifier and is the best Valve amp I have heard . Sadly it just does not gel with my system and can not produce enough volume . This is not a power thing as this amplifier has been replaced with a Thirty Watt SS power amp that goes way too loud to ever be used at full crack and this is a full 35 Watt amp . Impedance mismatch or something else I have no idea but while for most this will go loud enough but with no head room and sound beautiful if the source materail has been recorded at lower levels then it just can not be turned up loud enough and this includes using my dCS DAC set to 6.3 V out put .

So I have not other passive system that this can be used with and it is just far too good an amp to be left sitting there doing nothing so I have to sell it . This has been back to Glenn Croft and had a complete new set of both output and small valves . According to Glenn using the PL509 Valves every day this should last at least 12 to 14 years . I have box of part used valves as well which will be handed on to the new owner. This because of the nature of the amp and not having any packaging will either need to be collection only or I can deliver for fuel a reasonable distance . Looking for £1100 which I think is fair given the cost of the full new valve set but will listen to sensible offers . Any questions of a general nature by all means ask here . Specifics would be best by PM .

Attachments

• _IGP9065.JPG
    _IGP9065.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • _IGP9067.JPG
    _IGP9067.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Trouble free, fully sorted, serviced and updated OCL, by the maker of the amp . Whats not to like? Andy is a very nice fellow also. I bought my favourite amp from him. Deal with confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles