d.a.b. vs analogue

Jones

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
onion wrote:

gentleman and ladies , any views... !
Analogue sound better (less compressed), DAB have a better range of music (If you have decent reception where you live).

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
DAB rocks cos' I can get Radio 5 in crystal clear-o-vision now
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Long live digital
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

E

earl of sodbury

As Davewits and about 800 editorials in HiFi World have pointed out ad nauseam: DABrelies on an outmoded and inefficient means of coding transmitted data, which coupled with the over-narrow bandwidth to cram-in "Radio Boring" "Radio Wank" "Radio Pissflaps" and 17 trillion others of infinite insignificance,means it was born a fucking cripple and will hopefully crawl-off into a corner and die quietly. Sadly not very likely... FM is superior, but living on borrowed time, as the Party That Likes To Say "Yessir Mister Bush" have staked their grannys' mortgage on it... :Upset::Upset::Upset::Upset:

G

Ant wrote:

Jones wrote:
onion wrote:
gentleman and ladies , any views... !
Analogue sound better (less compressed), DAB have a better range of music (If you have decent reception where you live).
Ditto
i agree that analogue is a better source of reproduction of sound, but what i belive "don't quate me " is that it is cheaper to transmit in digital than analogue, the compresion factor in d.a.b., for those of us that , not only good kit is that we know the sonic difference,most of the adds on radio think that we are sad cases to listen to analogue. :dude:

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Radio 5 have been promoting digital this week and saying analogue is to be turned off soon. Anybody no when the date is. Surely they can't do it until cars are routinely sold with DAB radios.

Sorry to wander off topic.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
earl of sodbury wrote:

As Davewits and about 800 editorials in HiFi World have pointed out ad nauseam: DABrelies on an outmoded and inefficient means of coding transmitted data, which coupled with the over-narrow bandwidth to cram-in "Radio Boring" "Radio Wank" "Radio Pissflaps" and 17 trillion others of infinite insignificance,means it was born a fucking cripple and will hopefully crawl-off into a corner and die quietly. Sadly not very likely... FM is superior, but living on borrowed time, as the Party That Likes To Say "Yessir Mister Bush" have staked their grannys' mortgage on it... :Upset::Upset::Upset::Upset:
:sw:

And it (DAB)does sound utterly shite (IMVVVHO), even at DAB demos, when you'd think they'd get it right, but, oh no, those space monkeys are still twittering away like some demented twittery things - awful, awful, awful....

Boxer

E

earl of sodbury

boxer wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:

And it (DAB)does sound utterly shite (IMVVVHO), even at DAB demos, when you'd think they'd get it right, but, oh no, those space monkeys are still twittering away like some demented twittery things - awful, awful, awful....

Boxer
nail/head - one of DAB's supposed advantages was better reception - CRAP!!! it was poor in my last place and even worse now, even though I now have an outdoor aerial!
wub.png
:X:X

G

earl of sodbury wrote:

boxer wrote:
earl of sodbury wrote:

Boxer
nail/head - one of DAB's supposed advantages was better reception - CRAP!!! it was poor in my last place and even worse now, even though I now have an outdoor aerial!
wub.png
:X:X
i think we are pushed by high strret arseholes and the marketing no-no nothings except mey for us no enjoyment for you do goodres in the way that it's "tech or high tech "the norm, they call us dynasours, :Not Sure:

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
FM : Vinyl Style

Digital Freeview Radio Via a DAC : CD Style

Freeview has better bitrates than DAB, less stations though. But pipe a digital output of a Freeview box to DAC, and improve the digital outputs of the box. Other benefit is that you can watch TV and listen in glorious stereo, and record TV with your PVR and play back laster.

Like I shall be doing tonight with my Humax 8000T box when I am recording Jools Holland on BBC2. Played back tomorrow from HDD - then recorded onto MD. A very easy way to enjoy digital radio, record it, and TV too.

I enjoy both.

G

gsrai wrote:

DAB rocks cos' I can get Radio 5 in crystal clear-o-vision now
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
Long live digital
you infidel,do you mean dub or dab, i think you mean DRUM AN BASE,.:dude:

G

cjr wrote:

FM : Vinyl StyleDigital Freeview Radio Via a DAC : CD Style

Freeview has better bitrates than DAB, less stations though. But pipe a digital output of a Freeview box to DAC, and improve the digital outputs of the box. Other benefit is that you can watch TV and listen in glorious stereo, and record TV with your PVR and play back laster.

Like I shall be doing tonight with my Humax 8000T box when I am recording Jools Holland on BBC2. Played back tomorrow from HDD - then recorded onto MD. A very easy way to enjoy digital radio, record it, and TV too.

I enjoy both.
i know what you are saying, defyes the argument, but usefull information, i tried that with mi imerge recrder both line from bt and download, it's all convinience , too lazy a form of enjoyment, it's like having sex with your eyes closed.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Dab is crap...............but only in the UK other countries did a better job of setting it up

We gave the job to the BBC
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif

Some places Germany have very high quality DAB but lack of interest means radio companies are switching it off and closing down

Best is what Austrlia is doing, they have decide not to even switch it on, they are waiting to see what replaces it as they see DAB as old hat

http://www.davewhitter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dab%20is%20worse%20than%20fm.htm

G

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Dab is crap...............but only in the UK other countries did a better job of setting it upWe gave the job to the BBC

Some places Germany have very high quality DAB but lack of interest means radio companies are switching it off and closing down

Best is what Austrlia is doing, they have decide not to even switch it on, they are waiting to see what replaces it as they see DAB as old hat

agree dave, are we certain that this goverment"or powers that be" are going to stop us "or broadcasting" all radio stations in analogue, :Upset:

G

onion wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:
Dab is crap...............but only in the UK other countries did a better job of setting it upWe gave the job to the BBC

agree dave, are we certain that this goverment"or powers that be" are going to stop us "or broadcasting" all radio stations in analogue, :Upset:
it may sound silly, but a couple of my frinds who are wealthy retired and are great music fans aswell as hifi freaks"not thanks to me " leave that thought to your selves, were contenplating in opening our own radio station in analogue transmition, for all of various musical taste 24-7. of course during a bottle of rioja, we got carried away, money not being an issue, and now they are pestering me to go ahead,my thoughts are if so it must not be commercial, but that's me. :dude:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k23435