Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Here you can see that all filters have advantages and disadvantages which are audible and clearly expressed by the measurements:

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/09/measurements-rme-adi-2-pro-fs-as-dac.html?m=1

With HQ Player and the DAC's filtering defeated try comparing minimum phase, linear phase and asymmetric.

I used "The Astounding Eyes of Rita".

Or keep talking through your hat...

Over, and out.
Thanks for posting that. It was interesting right up to the final paragraph where he says, "Having said this, I must say that in the other extreme, I also see no need to go insane with hyper-extended filters like the 1M-tap Hugo M Scaler because practically, that appears to be way more processing than is needed!". Unfortunately that betrayed a lack of understanding (or desire to understand) the algorithm which underpins the Hugo MScaler and which is not just a filter. But that is Ok, he will hear an MScaler one day and will then know what all teh fuss is about. Ears do have uses after all!

Thanks also for mentioning "The Astounding Eyes of Rita". I have and really like "Blue Maqams" and so I will try "The Astounding Eyes of Rita".

• Upvote
Reactions: tuga

PuritéAudio

Legend Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 10, 2016
London
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What is it then if it isn’t a filter, apart from very adroit marketing?

Keith

Last edited by a moderator:

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
What is it then if it isn’t a filter, apart from very adroit marketing?

Keith
Your condescending tone consistently used in this way for products you do not sell does nothing apart from reflect badly on you. Please please try to grow up and be an adult when you post. It is beyond tiresome.

T

The Chronicals

Rearrange these random words into a well known saying.

KETTLE  BLACK CALLING POT
I wonder if we can all contribute to paying Keiths membership, the owners will ban him. His trolling is only accepted because he pays to be allowed to roam freely. The other forums he never paid to be on banned him. I'd be more than happy to contribute, he is sucking the life out of every thread.

T

The Chronicals

My feelings exactly. 

MODERATORS - you need to share the blame here. Elsewhere he would have been on a final warning weeks ago.
Exactly. He sits there extremely smug with his 'protected' trolling, I wonder if the owners of the forum, not the moderators, are aware of his literal destruction of every thread thus turning people away from using the forum?  For a site that probably makes up a fair amount of revenue through advertising on user usage, this would probably be more important than his fee's. 

Reactions: whitehart

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your condescending tone consistently used in this way for products you do not sell does nothing apart from reflect badly on you. Please please try to grow up and be an adult when you post. It is beyond tiresome.
I've given up and added him to my ignore list...

T

The Chronicals

It is true that some forums only allow one point of view.  This isn't one of them.
I dont think that is what is being complained about. No one is moaning about a point of view as a POV. People understand its not Pink Fish Media. This is generalising the Purite behaviour.

• Sad
Reactions: Jota

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It is true that some forums only allow one point of view.  This isn't one of them.
You really can't be serious that you condone the relentless puerile offerings of Keith which reduce nearly all threads which he touches to playground squabbles within minutes? That is not a 'point of view' he is expressing, it is simple trolling.

T

The Chronicals

You really can't be serious that you condone the relentless puerile offerings of Keith which reduce nearly all threads which he touches to playground squabbles within minutes? That is not a 'point of view' he is expressing, it is simple trolling.
I'm starting to see there is also a 'Troll Defence' racket going on. Thats worrying.

T

The Chronicals

I think that we should make more use of the "ignored users" feature instead.
The problem is with that is that the ignored members can still see your post I believe.

I think thread has run its course, especially as there’s now another one with the same comparisons!  
The attempt was to stop a Purite dive again, but sadly its started already.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have locked this thread in order to give the more hot-around-the-collar participants time to cool off and reflect on their own behaviour for a change, rather than that of others with whom they may disagree.

Opinion is not a matter of majority vote; neither is disagreeing with someone's opinion an excuse for bleating about perceived moderation bias in not shutting that opinion down, or an excuse for the kind of bullying behaviour seen in some of the recent posts here. Neither is it a good reason to fill the Mods' in-box with reports of the form "I disagree with him, therefore he's a troll".

Play nicely, or you will find that you are not allowed to play with the other children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles