blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its all sorted out now and wow ! i didn't think those isolation feet would make much difference but they have totally changed things and that is  the truth and i am not for one in believing in snake oil products  but i am so happy that i now have my sound perfect .

Those isolation feet have made the sound very clear , detailed and everything sounds natural but what this has shown me is people are not getting the very best out of there speakers i do highly recommend you in invest in some of theses isolation feet because they make a hell of a difference a big upgrade to anyone's speakers 

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have used the gaia3's on my PMC floor standers, and also auditioned them for my friends on their ATC SCM40's. In both the cases they cleaned up the booming bass quiet a bit and added more clarity in the mid range and the treble. So hoping they solve your issue with intermittent bass boom too :)
They did totally 

Reactions: newlash09

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did you not do a very similar upgrade a couple of years ago (opticon 8 to Rubicon 6) and return back to the opticons?

Could it be you hit the sweet spot, for you, with the opticon 8s?
Both the Dali Opticon 6s & 8s are excellent speakers for the money and yes i went from the 6s to the 8s and the 8s where even better then the 6s  

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great result and am really pleased for you. A quick question please out of curiosity. When everything is cleaned up has it made the sound any more ‘forward’ sounding?

emcc_3e

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Morecambe
AKA
Eamon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Both the Dali Opticon 6s & 8s are excellent speakers for the money and yes i went from the 6s to the 8s and the 8s where even better then the 6s  
I seem to recall on the whathifi forum you ordered then sent back Rubicon 6s, deciding to keep your opticon 8s. I appreciate you originally had 6s then went to 8s on opticons.

Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Paulq

Über Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2015
NW UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its all sorted out now and wow ! i didn't think those isolation feet would make much difference but they have totally changed things and that is  the truth and i am not for one in believing in snake oil products  but i am so happy that i now have my sound perfect .

Those isolation feet have made the sound very clear , detailed and everything sounds natural but what this has shown me is people are not getting the very best out of there speakers i do highly recommend you in invest in some of theses isolation feet because they make a hell of a difference a big upgrade to anyone's speakers 
Nice one - now get that Led Zep doing them justice  :)

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I seem to recall on the whathifi forum you ordered then sent back Rubicon 6s, deciding to keep your opticon 8s. I appreciate you originally had 6s then went to 8s on opticons.

Sorry if I'm mistaken.
No your right about a couple of years ago I was going to buy the Dali rubicon 8s but got cold feet so never brought them but at the time I was worried about the driver configuration and the driver size as the Opticon 8s have much bigger drivers and they are a 3 way speaker where the RUbicon 8s are a lot different .

Paulq

Über Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2015
NW UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s actually what I have been listening today and these speakers have shown me what I have been missing 
Good choice.  Not heard any of the bigger Dalis but have a small pair of the Spektor 1's with a Yamaha WXA-50 in a small system and they are actually incredible for their size.

Enjoy your new speakers!

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure what happened about your streamer but it could a consideration to get one which has some EQ. There is a NAD C658 around £1,500 new which does have Dirac built in.
Still working on the streamer idea but found out Arcam are bringing out a new streamer but not sure how good it will be but it supports the ESS pro Dac chip

Paulq

Über Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2015
NW UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Still working on the streamer idea but found out Arcam are bringing out a new streamer but not sure how good it will be but it supports the ESS pro Dac chip
Well, the Bluesound Node 2i is £399 during October if you are after something good.  Having just bought one and stuck a Chord Qutest on the end of it into a pair of active speakers I can tell you they belie their modest price.  Even the native DAC is decent.

Your A-S3000 would do a job on one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great result and am really pleased for you. A quick question please out of curiosity. When everything is cleaned up has it made the sound any more ‘forward’ sounding?
Good question....

This is hard to explain before I added the new feet the bass was very deep and some of that deep bass has toned down but still there but in the right places.

take drums I hear the right info where the drummer is on his kit and the bass from the bass drum sounds like a bass drum should do but without being swallowed up with the other bass you hear but think it’s spread out into the sound stage instead of a load of bass  .

the top end feels a bit more forward but I have only had theses speakers five minutes so I have to get to no them first as I had the Dali Opticon for a long time so used to there sound and I remember what they sounded like and there are some things about the Opticon sound I do miss .

The high hat on drum when the drum hits them they do sound right but feel a little bright but this might be down to speaker position as I am still playing around with there position  .

Basically early days yet with theses speakers but liking them more since adding the feet

Reactions: DomT and emcc_3e

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes I see one out in November, £1,200. I would wait for some reviews. Some new models have teething troubles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Staff online