Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having tried a number of streamers recently, I'd love to try a dCS Network Bridge. Does anyone have one that they're looking to move on?

Just let me know...

Cheers,
Mani.

Reactions: TheFlash

chapitalist

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 12, 2014
London
AKA
NC
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having tried a number of streamers recently, I'd love to try a dCS Network Bridge. Does anyone have one that they're looking to move on?

Just let me know...

Cheers,
Mani.

Just let me know...

Cheers,
Mani.
Just advertised mine in the classified if you are still looking.

T-elmi

T-elmi
Wammer
Mar 7, 2019
Hampshire SO41
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just advertised mine in the classified if you are still looking.

Just let me know...

Cheers,
Mani.
I am about to list my Auralic Aries G2.1 which replaced my previous dCS Network Bridge - the NB is limited by its lack of USB output, and although good, is behind the Aries G2.1 in SQ and streaming software capability.

Javla

New Wammer
Sep 19, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I am about to list my Auralic Aries G2.1 which replaced my previous dCS Network Bridge - the NB is limited by its lack of USB output, and although good, is behind the Aries G2.1 in SQ and streaming software capability.
Hi, do you still have the auralic? Regards

T-elmi

T-elmi
Wammer
Mar 7, 2019
Hampshire SO41
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, do you still have the auralic? Regards
Yes I do still have it, and it is a great streamer. The LightningDS control software is pretty good. Not as feature rich as roon but Lightning DS is better sounding in the Auralics than roon(see the Auralic Forum).

I decided to keep my Aries G2.1 for a while - its feeding an Aqua LaScala MkII DAC, (with changed valves/ rolled tubes)

There is one for sale here from @Todcakes
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/...mer-power-supply-upgrade.121725/#post-2475025

Javla

New Wammer
Sep 19, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Sí, todavía lo tengo y es un gran transmisor. El software de control LightningDS es bastante bueno. No tiene tantas funciones como roon, pero Lightning DS suena mejor en Auralics que roon (consulte el foro de Auralic).

Decidí conservar mi Aries G2.1 por un tiempo: alimenta un DAC Aqua LaScala MkII (con válvulas cambiadas/tubos enrollados)

Hay uno a la venta aquí de @Todcakes
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/...mer-power-supply-upgrade.121725/#post-2475025
tnks for your response!! I wonder if it sound better than dcs NB

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just been having a conversation with Elite Audio as to what in their opinion beats an Aqua LinQ and he said £29K is what it costs to beat it, based in a comparison of many streamers they recently did vs their LinQ.

Worth seeking a used one out IMO. Appreciate you may have already tried one, in which case ignore me!

T-elmi

T-elmi
Wammer
Mar 7, 2019
Hampshire SO41
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
tnks for your response!! I wonder if it sound better than dcs NB
It depends what the DCS NB is feeding. Contact DCS support and they will tell you that the XLR output is [deliberately] better than the RCA, and that the NB is designed to integrate with the legacy DCS DACs.

I got good results with it feeding a Chord DAVE - and with Neutrik XLR to BNC adaptors it was possible to get the Dual BNC feed into the DAVE working - but it was a compromise.

The buyer of my NB is very pleased with it feeding his AudioNote 4.1 DAC.

Reactions: Javla

T-elmi

T-elmi
Wammer
Mar 7, 2019
Hampshire SO41
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just been having a conversation with Elite Audio as to what in their opinion beats an Aqua LinQ and he said £29K is what it costs to beat it, based in a comparison of many streamers they recently did vs their LinQ.

Worth seeking a used one out IMO. Appreciate you may have already tried one, in which case ignore me!
That's good confirmation, I assume they are talking about a Taiko Extreme or somesuch.

I heard an indirect quote from another dealer who has a customer with both the Linn Klimax (newish one) and a Linq - and that person prefers the Linq's streaming performance. Said dealer sells neither Linn nor Linq so good corroboration.

I had been looking out for a secondhand Linq, but have decided to listen to music with the Aries G2.1 with its HW upgrade for a while longer.

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's good confirmation, I assume they are talking about a Taiko Extreme or somesuch.

I heard an indirect quote from another dealer who has a customer with both the Linn Klimax (newish one) and a Linq - and that person prefers the Linq's streaming performance. Said dealer sells neither Linn nor Linq so good corroboration.

I had been looking out for a secondhand Linq, but have decided to listen to music with the Aries G2.1 with its HW upgrade for a while longer.
I did line matched, head to head test between my HW upgraded G2 Vs the LinQ uPnP I ended up keeping the LinQ and selling the G2.

In no way was it night and day however, the G2 + HW is very good. Looks nicer too.

I suspect the LinQ with HQP modules would be quite a bit better but I've not invested in those modules yet.

Javla

New Wammer
Sep 19, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Depende de lo que esté alimentando el DCS NB. Comuníquese con el soporte de DCS y le dirán que la salida XLR es [deliberadamente] mejor que la RCA y que el NB está diseñado para integrarse con los DAC DCS heredados.

Obtuve buenos resultados alimentando un Chord DAVE, y con los adaptadores Neutrik XLR a BNC fue posible hacer funcionar la alimentación Dual BNC en el DAVE, pero fue un compromiso.

El comprador de mi NB está muy satisfecho con la alimentación de su DAC AudioNote 4.1.
I have a dcs debussy by now with an IFI zen streamer and an old Melco. I Wonder what is the best way to upgrade my sistem. I suppose it will be buying a newest dac/streamer..second hand... Bartok, brinkman, mola mola?

T-elmi

T-elmi
Wammer
Mar 7, 2019
Hampshire SO41
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a dcs debussy by now with an IFI zen streamer and an old Melco. I Wonder what is the best way to upgrade my sistem. I suppose it will be buying a newest dac/streamer..second hand... Bartok, brinkman, mola mola?
That depends on your budget, availability to demo, and your ears & room.

The Bartok is the 'safe' but expensive answer for you, or to add a DCS Network Bridge to your existing Debussy. The NB is no longer in production, and now quite rare on the used market.

Reactions: Javla

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles