SOLD

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am listing this on behalf a non forum compliant friend :) - I can field any routine questions, but obviously put any genuinely interested buyers in touch with the seller.
Condition is excellent, all original packaging is present and correct, the latest firmware has been installed - this is a superb R2R DAC, and is only being sold because the owner has bought the Terminator "12th" - the Pontus was purchased in the UK in March of this year from Willow Tree audio, current retail is £2000

Now available for the trifling sum of £1225ovno - get yourself a Christmas present you actually want!

DAC is located in Manchester M28 - the seller can is prepared to deliver within a 90 mile radius if payment in full has previously been made (BT or paypal FF)
- you may also arrange your own insured courier (item will be very securely packed), or you are welcome to arrange collection in person and have a listen

Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions :) MH

I should add that I can 100% vouch for the honesty and integrity of the seller - he is both a gentleman and a scholar, and suffers from just the right amount of audio related OCD...

a few pics:
jeff1.jpg
jeff3.jpg
jeff2.jpg

Last edited:

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Following the revelation that the charming fellow at Willowtree Audio has chosen not to honour the transferable warranty offered by Vinshine, this superb DAC is being offered at the lower price of £1225 ovno - note that these products have an excellent track record, the very fact that the manufacturer offers a 36 month warranty should tell you something...

rocko

New Wammer
Apr 12, 2022
Nottingham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Following the revelation that the charming fellow at Willowtree Audio has chosen not to honour the transferable warranty offered by Vinshine, this superb DAC is being offered at the lower price of £1225 ovno - note that these products have an excellent track record, the very fact that the manufacturer offers a 36 month warranty should tell you something...
I had nothing but problems with the Guy at Willowtree myself. Sold me a DAC that wasn't a Mk2 despite being advertised as one, it was also covered in small dents and yellowing despite being sold as like new. I was made to feel like a liar when I complained.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think you have a case that he should honour a transferable warranty. He says he honours the manufacturer's warranty and Denafrips say it is transferable. Therefore a customer can reasonably assume that the warranty is transferable.

Screenshot_20231209_190326_com.android.chrome_edit_510733705764255.jpg

Screenshot_20231209_190459_com.android.chrome_edit_510757444610085.jpg

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thanks for the responses chaps - I'm happy to say there were absolutely no issues with the condition of the unit, and the owner is reaching out to Alvin at Vinshine to see whether he's prepared to step in, but it would seem that the stated policy is that each distributor can choose how the warranty is implemented, and Willowtree have decided that the products they sell do not have the transferable element of the manufacturers warranty - this is now reflected in the price - close offers will be passed on for consideration (y)

mikeyb

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it's still under warranty just return it to the shop you bought it from if any warranty work is needed.

Faustusg

Wammer
Jul 1, 2021
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An agreement could always be made with the original owner to help with any issues with the equipment should such issues arise. He could make a warranty claim on behalf of new owner provided both parties are happy with such an arrangement.

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've owned numerous Denafrips products over the years, never had any issues that resulted in the need for a warranty situation. Of course it's only one person's experience but they appear to make generally robust & reliable hifi. This is a heck of a DAC for the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotherSky

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An agreement could always be made with the original owner to help with any issues with the equipment should such issues arise. He could make a warranty claim on behalf of new owner provided both parties are happy with such an arrangement.
Yes, I did think about that but how well would it work in practice, the seller may not want the hassle after it has been sold.
Willowtree don't seem very consumer friendly. I did contact them once about prices but never got an answer, so I never bothered with them again. Pity as they are one of my nearer dealers.

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Terms of Denafrips warranty:

"Transferable Warranty​

Warranty of DENAFRIPS DAC purchased from the Authorized Distributor is transferable.

The balance of the warranty is transferable from the original owner to the second owner. We need the original owner to initiate the warranty transfer to validate the warranty transfer.

Please contact us at support@denafrips.com with the new owners information and serial number for this coverage to be applied."
See https://www.denafrips.com/support

If original owner has original receipt from an authorised dealer and is prepared to make the initial contact with the manufacturer you should then be able to claim under the manufacturer transferable warranty (set out above). If the DAC came via Vinshine they may be willing to help (even if the original owner doesn't help)if you can give them the serial number of the DAC as they, being the global distributor, will have a strong relationship with the manufacturer and a global reputation to protect (as does the mnaufacturer).

Last edited:

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Terms of Denafrips warranty:

"Transferable Warranty​

Warranty of DENAFRIPS DAC purchased from the Authorized Distributor is transferable.

The balance of the warranty is transferable from the original owner to the second owner. We need the original owner to initiate the warranty transfer to validate the warranty transfer.

Please contact us at support@denafrips.com with the new owners information and serial number for this coverage to be applied."
See https://www.denafrips.com/support

If original owner has original receipt from an authorised dealer and is prepared to make the initial contact with the manufacturer you should then be able to claim under the manufacturer transferable warranty (set out above). If the DAC came via Vinshine they may be willing to help (even if the original owner doesn't help)if you can give them the serial number of the DAC as they, being the global distributor, will have a strong relationship with the manufacturer and a global reputation to protect (as does the mnaufacturer).
Thanks for taking the time to post this - to be clear, the seller is the original owner, and has reached out to Alvin at Vinshine to see whether he might be kind enough step in, but as the DAC came from Willowtree, he's under no obligation to do so.

None of this should distract from this being an excellent DAC at an excellent price! 👍

Reactions: mikeyb

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree Vinshine (or Willow) has no obligation to step in, unless their contract with you says otherwise which is unlikely, but the manufacturer has given the guarantee over and above and separate from any obligations contained in the purchase contract with Willow so it shouldnt matter whether Willow or Vinshine are prepared to step in - they are just miiddle-men. As long as any subsequent owner has a copy of original invoice and serial number to prove the unit was originally bought from an authorised dealer the new owner should be able to enforce its rights against manufacturer if any problem covered by the guarantee arises within the guarantee time period. I say this leaving aside issues of trying to enforce righst against somebody situated on the other side of the road but Denafrips has a good reputation to protect so they should be cooperative particularly if you mention this is being discussed on one of the UK's principal hifi forums. They will only act if a guarantee issue actually arises. The guarantee is clearly transferable so Denafrips don't need to (and probably won't) take any action until and unless they are notified of a guaranteed problem that has arisen within the guarantee period.

I have the same DAC which is working wonderfully. GLWTS.

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had nothing but problems with the Guy at Willowtree myself. Sold me a DAC that wasn't a Mk2 despite being advertised as one, it was also covered in small dents and yellowing despite being sold as like new. I was made to feel like a liar when I complained.
I am not a fan of the guy a bit self opinionated.

Reactions: rocko

Smarties

New Wammer
Jul 29, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am listing this on behalf a non forum compliant friend :) - I can field any routine questions, but obviously put any genuinely interested buyers in touch with the seller.
Condition is excellent, all original packaging is present and correct, the latest firmware has been installed - this is a superb R2R DAC, and is only being sold because the owner has bought the Terminator "12th" - the Pontus was purchased in the UK in March of this year from Willow Tree audio, current retail is £2000

Now available for the trifling sum of £1225ovno - get yourself a Christmas present you actually want!

DAC is located in Manchester M28 - the seller can is prepared to deliver within a 90 mile radius if payment in full has previously been made (BT or paypal FF)
- you may also arrange your own insured courier (item will be very securely packed), or you are welcome to arrange collection in person and have a listen

I should add that I can 100% vouch for the honesty and integrity of the seller - he is both a gentleman and a scholar, and suffers from just the right amount of audio related OCD...

a few pics:
jeff1.jpg
jeff3.jpg
jeff2.jpg
Hi is the

a few pics:
jeff1.jpg
jeff3.jpg
jeff2.jpg
Hi can you post to London?

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi is the

Hi can you post to London?
Hi, the Pontus is still available - as stated above: if you make payment in full, and arrange fully insured courier collection then the seller will have it securely packed and waiting - drop me a PM if you are interested - MH

Smarties

New Wammer
Jul 29, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

a few pics:
jeff1.jpg
jeff3.jpg
jeff2.jpg
Howdy thanks for the fast reply am very tempted just sold my Gustard R26 Dac they both are exceptional Dacs my head says no but my heart says yes. I shall ponder that the dilemma.

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A quick midweek bump - I can confirm that this is being offered without the transferable warranty - the asking price reflects this

Getting a little close to Christmas for couriers etc, so may relist in the new year, but can still accommodate collection or delivery within a 90 mile radius

close offers will be considered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online