Wammer
Wammer
Sep 27, 2014
Bangkok
AKA
Carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks great, which model is it? Can it still be serviced? (That would be my only concern, but if the price is right...)

Don't you mean step down transformer?🤔 
It’s the DCD S1.  Sorry, yes…step down transformer ! (230v to 110v)

Reactions: HugoZ

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just reading this thread again.
So has anyone heard the A110 amp, and how does it compare to other amps ?

Reactions: Tarzan

wainwj

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2014
It's bloody good!
Ive had mine a couple of weeks now. It has a powerful, open and explicit sound in my system.
As far as integrated amps, In the last year or so I've had Gryphon Diablo, Luxman L-590 AXII, Norma IPA140, Arcam A49, Naim Nova, Cambridge Audio Edge A and several more I'd need to try harder to remember.
To my tastes it doesn't give anything significant away to any of them and beats them each in different areas. The digital section seems particularly strong at its price point. Then again so does the amplification side tbh.
As ever this is entirely dependent on your system, tastes, and particularly speakers.
The speakers that I specifically bought this amp for have ceramic accuton drivers which give a full, thick and warm sound in my room. So I was looking for an amp to give them a kick up the bum current wise and open them out with a very clear presentation. As such the Denon seems to have slotted in as a bit of a Goldilocks amp in this context.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's bloody good!
Ive had mine a couple of weeks now. It has a powerful, open and explicit sound in my system.
As far as integrated amps, In the last year or so I've had Gryphon Diablo, Luxman L-590 AXII, Norma IPA140, Arcam A49, Naim Nova, Cambridge Audio Edge A and several more I'd need to try harder to remember.
To my tastes it doesn't give anything significant away to any of them and beats them each in different areas. The digital section seems particularly strong at its price point. Then again so does the amplification side tbh.
As ever this is entirely dependent on your system, tastes, and particularly speakers.
The speakers that I specifically bought this amp for have ceramic accuton drivers which give a full, thick and warm sound in my room. So I was looking for an amp to give them a kick up the bum current wise and open them out with a very clear presentation. As such the Denon seems to have slotted in as a bit of a Goldilocks amp in this context.
If competing with the Gryphon, Luxman and Norma then that’s very interesting given it’s a lot cheaper than the others.

Reactions: Tarzan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles