Denon DP-55K Turntable for sale. Updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought this turntable from here not so long ago with the intention of putting it in a custom designed plinth, as I presumed that the electronics were contained in a "cake tin" arrangement, but sadly for me they are not, so I am going to look elsewhere for something more my style.

It has really surprised me by just how good it is, so much so my Origin Live Encounter 3C 'arm & Koetsu Urushi Vermillion are not held back in any way, it really is a fabulous combination. Operation is simple, the quartz lock system is impressive & it goes from zero to full speed in a third of a revolution, & stopping is almost as quick. The speed is rock solid on both 33 & 45 rpm, & is a UK voltage deck. It comes with the original rubber mat in great condition, as well as the original adjustable feet, although the lid has been lost in the mists of time. The plinth is pretty good given the turntables age, sure there are one or two light scratches, minimal though they are, but the veneer is perfect & not coming apart anywhere. I will take better pictures tomorrow in daylight to show more detail, but as you can see it is more than presentable. It has 2 armboards, one for OL/Rega fit 'arms, which is black, & the original rosewood veneered one, which is cut for something I can't remember just now! 

This ad is for the turntable only, the cartridge is not for sale at any price, but I am not so wedded to the 'arm. I am more than happy to keep it, but should there be a discussion to have I am happy to have it.

I am asking just £350 for the turntable. I don't have the original box & packing so  I would have to sort something with the buyer, but I will not be entrusting a courier with it.

wWPBgAd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheFlash

divedeepdog

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2011
notts/derby
AKA
mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Bought from me,  it’s an excellent turntable,  hopefully Brooks plans will go further up the Denon chain. 
The original armboard is cut for Audiocraft ac3000,  Rega geometry but larger 30mm hole. 

Rock solid and really nice rosewood veneer.

GLWTS,  it should go without saying Brooks a gent to deal with. 

Reactions: Speedracer

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys.

Right as promised, better pictures without 'arm. This really is a very capable deck, I can't think of anything anywhere near this good for the money.

OQltfaA.jpg

r45rC6f.jpg

OYwz7Hj.jpg

Reactions: macvisual

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive heard the combo Brook describes ( in his system avec BB3, Bladelius pre, Line Magnetic 845, Sonus Faber 'Toy Tower') and it was very good indeed. This Denon is clearly not letting the side down.

I brought this down from Leicester way in a 'Wam Taxi' and I can take it back again if called upon. Next trip Xmas! (Sorry to mention the 'X' word..)

Jack NSM

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Brook, I think you are doing yourself and your turntable a great disservice by the way you are describing it, I think the comments by Jack and Mark are far more accurate. 

You say that the plinth is pretty good but in fact it is much better than that and has polished up beautifully. To call the deck very capable is almost to damn with faint praise, your arm and cartridge are of very high quality and the deck just gets out of the way and allows their wonderful sound to shine through. 

I have enjoyed 5 or 6 extended listening sessions with this deck and used to own one myself, about 10 years ago, and it took a Technics SP10 to replace it and I am still not sure that the difference in cost between the two justified the the difference in sound quality.

GLWTS 

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the comments above Robin, yes I am really surprised it is still here too.

So a little bump &, I can't believe I am doing this, a price drop to £300. Bargain-tastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online