SOLD Denon PMA-850 amplifier and matching TU-850 tuner.

SOLD

Aristillus

Aristillus.
Wammer
Feb 25, 2019
Greatham
www.theprogmeister.com
AKA
Steve Petch
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SOLD stp

For sale here is a Denon PMA-850 integrated amplifier and matching TU-850 tuner. Both in good condition and recapped and gold speaker terminals fitted so as to accomodate banana type plus/bare wire or spades just under a year ago. The Denon PMA-850 is a much sought after amp due to it's power reserves and the capacity to drive most speakers with ease. Attention has particularlt been paid to the recapping of the phono stages which in my view are rather special. Rarely available with a matching TU-850 tuner (also recapped and realigned by audio engineer Rod Atkinson before his passing earlier this year) This is an opportunity not to me missed. Both items especially the amplifier are beast and for collection if possible from TS25. I would rather sell the amp and tuner as a pair.

£750 the pair

Attachments

• Denamp2.JPG
    Denamp2.JPG
    644.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Denamp3.JPG
    Denamp3.JPG
    689 KB · Views: 53
  • Dentune2.JPG
    Dentune2.JPG
    767.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: oldius and Lurch

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Total bargain.

The PMA-850 was one of my longest staying amps. Does an awful lot right and nothing wrong. The phono is a cracker 👍

Reactions: oldius

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Good luck with that purchase and sale.
For me, the best integrated amplifier I have owned, and I've owned a lot. I have found it a wonderful amplifier for extended listening: utterly non-fatiguing, with a big, warm and involving and inviting sound. I find it a great match with my NS1000, and with JBL studio monitors - it likes an insightful speaker and ancillary components. I recently had a new, £6k integrated here for a week, and I chose the Denon over it.

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After a change in direction with my system to pre/power these are up for grabs once again for anyone who missed out last time around. I would prefer to sell on the forum, for the original list price, which was a bit of a steal, and pass on the good will offered to me by @Aristillus

Collection only from Warwickshire.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After a change in direction with my system to pre/power these are up for grabs once again for anyone who missed out last time around. I would prefer to sell on the forum, for the original list price, which was a bit of a steal, and pass on the good will offered to me by @Aristillus

Collection only from Warwickshire.
I think it might be better if you begin your own sale post afresh. Otherwise it’s not really too clear what’s going on imo.

By all means link back to this one, though fresh pictures might reassure a potential customer that they’re still in good shape.

Good luck!

Reactions: hifinutt

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it might be better if you begin your own sale post afresh. Otherwise it’s not really too clear what’s going on imo.

By all means link back to this one, though fresh pictures might reassure a potential customer that they’re still in good shape.

Good luck!
agree, will do. In the mean time here’s a pic of them looking lovely together DC47E7A4-A5BD-4CDA-9973-F93C0BC401EC.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Nopiano

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles