gasolin

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Denmark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Short Review of my Denon PMA-900V.

I sold 2 amps and 1 phone and it was time for a really good amp, a Denon Top model, i have for some time always wanted a PMA-900V,1560 or 2000R

Found A black Denon PMA-900V for €200 + shipping 2x120 watt in 8 ohm (20-20khz) dynamic 2x280 in 4 ohm Subsonic filter for both mm and mc cartridge, processor loop for connecting a better preamp or a much more power full amp if you need one for a party og extreme low sensistive speakers, and video audio input's on the front

Speciel binding post luckily  i had some regular cords,spaker cable so into the side,i noticed it was somewhat exposed to air like banaplugs isn't. one binding post was crooked, i could just straighten it wit my hands and it works with no problems

2020-04-27 10_26_02-Window.png

Usually i use-10 db attenuators to get a wider range i can use before music loud, here it turns out that the muting -20db is quiet usefull instead of use my rothwell -10db attenuators, even though -20 db is alot (only 10 db diffrence between 10 and 100 watt and theres also 10 db difference between 100 and 1000 watt), despite that i am still able to play lod and from -70 to -15db (12 o'clock) it's smooth,clean and no distortion at all, with normal loud recordings i have alot of gain to use before it runs out of steam, with 49000 micro farad condensators theres pleanty  of reserves to make music sound clean, loud and dynamic, for most music 9 o'clock is a fine level to use with my 85db 8ohm rated speakers (from one review i got this feeling my speakers are under 5 ohm)

2020-04-24 12_00_53-hfe_denon_pma-300v_500v_700v_900v_brochure_en (1).pdf – Google Chrome.png

It has no excessive noise when turning it on and off, balance and tonecontrols can be a little noisy, i have some spray on it's way so i should be able to fix it, i don't use them so i don't notice any noise., for some reason it always starts with the tuner input on, feeling of the knobs is beyond low budget, the volumeknob is firm as well as the tone and balance controls, a reall high quality feeling.

looks and mechanical condition is exterme good for such an old amp from 86-88,only one tiny little scratch on the top on the front.

s-l1600.jpg

85db and 8ohm rated speakers i feel even with muting -20 db on that i have tons of clean "high" power bass is tight,deep and controled, midrange is clear,open and highs that are not to loud, even at high levels it doesn't change, it just get's louder like everything else, it might play 300 watt dynamic in 4 ohm so only for the most low sensitive speakers you can't play louder than loud or only close to party level although for most people 100db is very loud and for that with 80db sensitive speakers you only need 100watt pr channel, if you want more power from an integrated amp look for a Nad C375bee but i don't think it sounds better than my PAM-900v

Too me all kinds of music sounds good but it's for shure sounds really good playing rock music like pink floyd, led zeppelin, ac/dc, zz top,queen, it has the sound quality and power to do it (at low as well as high levels), that's so nice finally to have decent power for my small 85db speakers, even at normal levels i can hear it's an amp with power

Reactions: hifinutt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles