DMN Reson Speaker Cable

Good Vibes

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 29, 2005
Croydon, , United Ki
Any thoughts......
71_71.gif.3e6d891ee0cc25b2acfe143a79a91cc1.gif

Good or bad, in value and price for instance!

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
The interconnects are very very good - not used the speaker cable yet though, but am considering it.

It's about 70 quid for a 3m terminated pair.

Leonopolis

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 3, 2007
Baveria, Germany
AKA
Leon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got 4 lengths of 2.5 metre DNM reson unterminated (was using them biwired) that I was thinking about offloading if anyone wants to try them, will listen to any reasonable offers.

Very transparent and detailed cables, just didn't suit my already bright set up.

ESK

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Euan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheap, nothing fancy, good WAF. Made my amps run hot though.

Would rather save up and get something better.

From memory, I preferred a couple of the lower priced Chord cables.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
Speaker Cable: High DCR likely to cause audible power losses and stuff up amplifier damping factor nicely. But subjectively you might like this difference.

Interconnects: I have used these, flimsy, but sounded fine. Occasional RF breakthrough.

Value: Piss poor when you consider you can buy the same 1/0.6mm equipment wire for about £3-£4 per 100m.

Draconis

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 24, 2007
New Zealand
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used these for a while, speaker cable was a bit blah, but the interconnects (bullet plug version) improved the sound of my ancient hitachi tuner no end. For the price they are they are bloody good value if you go along with the philosophy behind them.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've tried both DNM i/c and speaker cable - both are pretty "blah" sounding IMO.

Van Damme i/cs and Gotham speaker cable are substantially better, soundwise, IMHO. Cheaper, too.

nipponhifi

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 20, 2006
Uppsala, Sweden
AKA
Martin
Depends on the equipment you're using them with...

With solid state and dark / warm sounding amplifiers (Electrocompaniet for instance) they can sound really good.

If your system is already bright of stark sounding, they won't help matters however. Not because they are bright or stark; they just don't polish the turd in any way.

Great with DNM, obviously!

Martin.

Lefty

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 8, 2005
In your town
Tried the Bullet Interconnects. Very clean, direct and airy sounding but a bit undernourished in the midrange. An interesting cable certainly worth investigating.

Lefty

A

A.N.

i'm using them with my icon, brilliant for the cash, nice and natural, doesnt add or take anything away from the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles