Do Tech-Specs Have Any Relation to Sound quality ?

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Marco wrote:

providing ... my room wasn't vandalised by hideous looking 'audiophile' room treatments and left looking like geekville central
wink.png

rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
meninblack wrote:

Marco wrote:
providing ... my room wasn't vandalised by hideous looking 'audiophile' room treatments and left looking like geekville central
wink.png

Said the man with 17 stages of Mana, a rug glued to the ceiling and has to be 6' 5" to change an LP. Sorry Marco old boy but you've walked straight into this one.
:rofl:

Marco

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2005
Wrexham, North Wales
Yes, I knew someone would pick me up on that
tongue.png

Mana isn't a hideous looking 'audiophile' room treatment, though (in my opinion!) but rather an essential tool with which to optimise the performance of one's hi-fi
wink.png

So...
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif

Marco

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2005
Wrexham, North Wales
Turners,

Read my last post.

Don't worry I knew what would happen when I was writingmy reply to Hertzy;)

And for the sake of accuracy, the rug is stapled, not glued
biggrin.png

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK Marco, good job you can take a joke. My Mac is too slow as usual.

Marco

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2005
Wrexham, North Wales
LOL, when I was writing that response I thought to myself "I wonder who's going to be first in?"
biggrin.png

Seriously though,not even I wouldstick egg boxes (or such like) to the wall as'room treatment', but I'm sure that Hertzy had something rather more effective andstylish in mind!

M

murray johnson

Hi Marco,

Rug stapled eh? Must have been painful.

Still, gives you a bit more confidence on those windy mornings!
wink.png

Killahertz

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2005
South Cheshire, , Un
Marco wrote:

My room does indeed sound fine (subjectively) to me - in fact, to my ears it sounds very good. The speakers work with it to excellent effect. However, if I was shown (and convinced) that there was a problem, then I wouldconsider doing something about it, providing the cost wasn't excessive and my room wasn't vandalised byhideous looking'audiophile' room treatments and leftlooking like geekville central
wink.png
Apologies for not replying sooner - I was searching for pictures of your system. Having found them i'm grateful for other posters having made the usual noises regarding the considerable amount of Mana that you use. Noises that i've heard a million times, and find no benefit adding to, at least in regard to it's use as an equipment rack - regardless of phase count/height. I'd be (am) more concerned with it's use to elevate loudspeakers to the height that clearly removes the tweeter from (or even near) ear level - essential not soley for the potential detriment (to treble output) due to off-axis response, but also summed output in terms of phase and timing coherence that an eminent manufacturer such as Spendor will have taken into account.

I don't know what (specious) benefit Mana will bring used as a loudspeaker stand, but i'd wager against it (when used at high phase/height) against correct (manufacturer recommended) set-up. It's a pity that I can find no response graphs on the Spendor site, which may have better illustrated the point. All that said, I assume that you have subjectively demo'd the difference between ear level on Mana versus it's present level, and preferred the result?.

PS:Is that rug (supposed to be) functional (acoustically speaking), or is it wholly decorative?.

Marco wrote:

But, in general, I'm always up for a bit of shenanigans!
Understatement of the year award methinks
tongue.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles