I told you it wasn't important
Wammer
Dec 30, 2006
Earth 2
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I been thinking that we all think we build our systems to our taste in Music and our love of certain elements of that Music or what we feel are the most important features of Music (the bits that move us emotionally, intellectually or viscerally) ie Tonal Colour, Texture, Bass Tunefulness, Slam, PRaT, Soundstage et al. Or do we?

Maybe its preprogrammed what system we will eventually settle on by our personality. So if you're laid back and cool you'll love Chord, Classe, B&W or if your like me Loud, excitable and in your face you'll love Naim, Linn, Exposure, Horns and if you are the sort of fidgety, nervous, indecisive person you'll constantly change your kit. It all comes down to how well we know ourselves that defines how quickly we settle on a certain system approach.

Dean...

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yep I've got insane speakers, and I am clearly insane.

with a cheap amp and expensive speakers its a mullet, and my hair is as, if not more, ridiculous

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cloth-Ears wrote:

My hifi is a mess of 11 boxes. It is only part connected, half done, half baked. I keep buying new stuff and often simply don't use it at all. I'm too lazy to sell things I ought to get sold yet I moan about needing more money. I presently have four pairs of speakers and three centre speakers, not to mention the 11 boxes, two racks, other stuff I should be selling, two computers and a humungous crt television, all in a one bedroom flat. My cables are a mix and match tangle of colour. I'm never sure if I have gone in right or wrong directions and I am partially deaf, with awful tinnitus.You draw you own conclusions.

tease.gif.a6e550ff9c07be38d7cbd4260be35dc9.gif
You're a partially-deaf twat with tinnitus and too many hifi components cluttering up your tiny bachelor pad? :nerd:

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes.

Many years ago, I wanted to try the best. Some of it was/is quite good - most is overpriced hype.

Now I buy what I know suits me for right price.

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
what, grumpy in the morning untill it's 3rd cuppa, Pissed at night, and getting a big touch of middle age spread.

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm a fairly quiet, sit on the sidelines and observe sort of bloke (unless I'm p*ssed in which case I get a tad lary).

My sytem's definitely in the fairly furious, in your face bracket so perhaps I've got a somewhat deep-rooted sense of irony.
71_71.gif.3e6d891ee0cc25b2acfe143a79a91cc1.gif

whizzkid

I told you it wasn't important
Wammer
Dec 30, 2006
Earth 2
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know at first my post might seem a bit silly but I was serious. Though a bit of humour never goes amiss :flasher:

Dean..

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
at the moment my system is very small, very simple and see-through - much like its owner
wink.png

it is rather sexy looking too, but unfortunately I don't think I can claim that accolade :lmao:

E

earl of sodbury

I don't have a personality, yet I do have a hifi...
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

The pardox is making my brain hurt, and my head feels all lumpy.

I hope you're pleased with yourself.

G

I'm conservative so i chose a big fat american cd player but then partnered it with Dutch Speakers which couldn't be more liberal . Feck knows what the amp will be when i get round to choosing it.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So what Kind of Hifi do you have:-?

Paranoid

Have excessive trust in their ownabilities, often appear cold and distant to others.

Schizoid[/b]

They are perceived as humorless and distant.

Schizotypal[/b]

They sometimes believe to have extra sensory ability. They generally engage in eccentric behavior and have difficulty concentrating for long periods of time. Their speech is often over elaborate and difficult to follow.

Antisocial[/b]

They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.

Borderline[/b]

Mood instability and poor self-image. People with this disorder are prone to constant mood swings and bouts of anger. Often, they will take their anger out on themselves, causing themselves injury.They think in very black and white terms.

Histrionic

They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise.They alsobelieve that everyone loves them.

Personally I would describe my Hifi as Constipated

...it couldnt give a shit

tumbleweed.gif.6cea2a6a06a72b8af6b201ede958adb8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles