• Living together not married virually zero grief

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Cool together we share everything

• I've to consult the Good-lady on ALL purchases

• The mother-in-law gives me good advice

• My Spine dissolved years ago, maracroon anyone?

• Total voters
M

Mr Coherent

Following on from a thread here today, how many of you guys are 'home alone'? so to speak, I'm not talking the odd 'grab a granny' from the local club on a Friday nite.

I'm curious, in the last 2 weeks I've sent out 9 packages specifically addressed to WORK addresses as the chap concerned did not wish his 'Other arf' to know about their purchases.

So If you chaps don't mind I've lunched a poll, be cool if you could fill it in (anon of coarse
wink.png
)

Joking aside, Its serious Really. cheers Mr.C

E

earl of sodbury

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but I always get stuff deliverd to my work address because there's always someone reliable there to sign for it.

My living arrangement... er... derangement TBH, doesn't really fit any of the above, so went for the closest. Academia
wub.png
: Biccy, you're well-off out of it.

My Better Half does now notice new shoeboxes, and has indulged in a light nag :yeah:but that's 'cause I've now got a full mortgage to pay all on my own...
42.gif.6d63386a5269ceda16cdf2e3fe89de81.gif

churz, eofs

gaul

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
LONDON, ,
My vote went to "I've to consult the Good-lady on ALL purchases" but it's really "I've to consult the Good-lady on ALL purchases when coming back with the purchase..."

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My wife displays a sort of resigned acceptance of new bits of kit appearing and packages arriving. I think that in some oddway her acceptance of the level of hifi turnover in the house is a form of compensation for me being a father - I.E "you can have as much hifi as you want as long as you do your best at fatherhood", and I'm happy to allow the conceit to continue....

Hostile questioning of newhifi arrivalsis now a thing of the past. The only sticky point is if she sees my credit card bills:?.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
gaul wrote:

My vote went to "I've to consult the Good-lady on ALL purchases" but it's really "I've to consult the Good-lady on ALL purchases when coming back with the purchase..."
I am a bit like that.

Although really we are in the very cool camp.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
She does like the new CD player, but not the price. Please someone buy my Naim for lots of dosh..
:nerves:
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif
:upgrade:

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
hifiwigwam wrote:

gaul wrote:
I am a bit like that.

Although really we are in the very cool camp.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
She does like the new CD player, but not the price. Please someone buy my Naim for lots of dosh..
:nerves:
:upgrade:
Very similar situation, she is happy with the purchases (loves the new Marantz amp), just doesn't like the high price tags to go with it.Though part of the deal is getting wound up now and then when in Sainsbury etc, where she sees a £40 DVD player andsuggests that would be a good substitue for the CDP :shocked:.

The only bugbear I have foundis relating to cable purchases....:pDo Remember to dispose ofALL packagingstraight away
wink.png

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've gone for the "consult the good lady on all purchases" option as i do sometimes. However most of the time i get my eBay cra...............er.........bargains delivered to work and then sneak them in when she's out. :green:

"That turntable new dear? Nooo - you must be mistaken, i've had it for ages............"

:raoflmfao:

gaul

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
LONDON, ,
Beobloke wrote:

I've gone for the "consult the good lady on all purchases" option as i do sometimes. However most of the time i get my eBay cra...............er.........bargains delivered to work and then sneak them in when she's out. :green:"That turntable new dear? Nooo - you must be mistaken, i've had it for ages............"

:lmao:

hifikrazy

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
, ,
AKA
Tim
Beobloke wrote:

I've gone for the "consult the good lady on all purchases" option as i do sometimes. However most of the time i get my eBay cra...............er.........bargains delivered to work and then sneak them in when she's out. :green:"That turntable new dear? Nooo - you must be mistaken, i've had it for ages............"

This tact works well. Particularly with smaller acessories etc, once you have a collection that reaches a certain critical mass - say half a dozen interconnects for example then the addition of more goes mostly unnoticed.
smile.png

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
hifikrazy wrote:

Beobloke wrote:

This tact works well. Particularly with smaller acessories etc, once you have a collection that reaches a certain critical mass - say half a dozen interconnects for example then the addition of more goes mostly unnoticed.
smile.png
Maybeso,but does the credit card bill go unnoticed
tongue.png

woody

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
North London, , Unit
She loves the sound and the lookof Naim kit and wouldn't let me change it
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

However my problem is if I wanted to upgrade, it would have to be to something physically bigger and she'd notice
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

A

adam

No problem at all for me,straight to my house always,never asks,I pay everything,she trusts me.Never been in debt.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
No major problems - wife has good ears and has surprised herself by hearing improvements in stuff she'd scoffed at (ICs, speaker cable etc) & as noted in another thread approves of appearance of current gear. Has also passed some favourable comments on some truly bonkers Bolzano Viletri speakers (p22 of current HFN) and could definitely be persuaded to give house room to SF speakers and Hovland amps if I had the cash...

And shares much of my tastes in music (prog and electronica aside) and drinks as much as me (that's what you get for marrying a geordie) and likes cats... so we're fine , thanks.

Boxer.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
No major problems - wife has good ears and has surprised herself by hearing improvements in stuff she'd scoffed at (ICs, speaker cable etc) & as noted in another thread approves of appearance of current gear. Has also passed some favourable comments on some truly bonkers Bolzano Viletri speakers (p22 of current HFN) and could definitely be persuaded to give house room to SF speakers and Hovland amps if I had the cash...

And shares much of my tastes in music (prog and electronica aside) and drinks as much as me (that's what you get for marrying a geordie) and likes cats... so we're fine , thanks.

Boxer.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Bollocks, double-clicked by mistake 'cos stripy tomcat tried to climb on the keyboard - he fancies himself as as surfin` kitty.

Boxer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oindnsh3