Dual conduit USB cables

C

chris217

Hi guysHas anyone tried or have bought one of these cables? Any thoughts or experience on effect on sound quality?
None whatsoever, unless they are so bad as to stop things working completely.

rdale

Wammer
Wammer Plus
May 21, 2009
Gran Canaria, Spain
AKA
Richard Dale
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guysHas anyone tried or have bought one of these cables? Any thoughts or experience on effect on sound quality?

Cheers

Tim
I use an AQVOX PSU which splits the USB cable and feeds in its own power. It improved my Musical Fidelity V-Link, and I use it with a Bel Canto uLink which sounds great.

Item Audio do a cheaper version for 29 pounds, which might be worth trying with a USB powered DAC or USB/SPDIF converter:

http://www.itemaudio.co.uk/prestashop/cables/684-dual-conduit-usb-kit.html

Thetiminator

Painfully Virile
Wammer
Nov 12, 2012
In the doghouse :(
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Rdale

i tried one yesterday but couldn't get it to work...the music was accompanied with a loud crackling noise.... I'll maybe try another one.

Its Mark at Item I use.....he really knows his stuff doesn't he?

hermit

Wammer
Wammer
May 9, 2013
Glasgow
AKA
Paul

Cheers

Tim
+1 for the AQVOX usb power supply. I use it with an IFI i-Link spdif converter and I found it made a subtle but worthwhile improvement.

Maro73

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 10, 2010
Arras, , France
AKA
EDUN
Hello Folks

I have the dual conduit cable from Item audio , and quite a bargain for the price

Just for the sake of trying it , it's worth .. now everything depends whether your DAC is self powered or no

I've been using it with the Eximus DP1 .. and betters the Audioquest carbon USB at 90 quids .. uo to you

And MARK from Itemaudio is a gentlman ... and not really forcing someone to buy his stuff .. just call him and make yourself an idea...

And speaking of Dual conduit stuff .. and there are other solutions , but too expensive for the price

In the hifi arena , do you think that 29 quids is expensive ?

Cheers

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think half of this price is even better;-)>>>
5V_Power_Injector_for_USB_on_RB411UAHR_main_product.jpg
1 item £1.80 ex. VAT

MikroTik 5V Power Injector for USB on RB411UAHR and RB493G

Only £3-24 delivered from here:^>> .http://linitx.com/product/5v-power-injector-for-usb-on-rb411uahr-and-rb493g/12849.

Correct linear PSU costs £10-60 delivered from here.>>> .http://cpc.farnell.com/stontronics/s2226st/ac-dc-linear-psu-5v-1a-universal/dp/PW02827.
PW02824-40.jpg
STONTRONICS - S2226ST - AC-DC LINEAR PSU, 5V 1A UNIVERSAL

Job done for under £14 for what are in any case off the shelf parts.

Hello FolksI have the dual conduit cable from Item audio , and quite a bargain for the price

Just for the sake of trying it , it's worth .. now everything depends whether your DAC is self powered or no

I've been using it with the Eximus DP1 .. and betters the Audioquest carbon USB at 90 quids .. uo to you

And MARK from Itemaudio is a gentlman ... and not really forcing someone to buy his stuff .. just call him and make yourself an idea...

And speaking of Dual conduit stuff .. and there are other solutions , but too expensive for the price

In the hifi arena , do you think that 29 quids is expensive ?

Cheers

smegger68

With your sister, somewhere you wouldn't like.
Wammer
Jan 18, 2006
Bridgend
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its Mark at Item I use.....he really knows his stuff doesn't he?
Yes. He's extremely well versed in emptying the wallets of the gullible by selling them foo products that can't possibly make a difference to audio.

• Upvote
Reactions: browellm

Maro73

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 10, 2010
Arras, , France
AKA
EDUN
Hello

The ifi usb power delivers great music .. really fantastic , but quite expensive , and without hope in second hand market

C

chris217

You can tell, can't you: what with all the £29 USB cables and power supplies we sell! Imagine - if I shift a hundred a week, I'll make almost as much profit as a Naim dealer allowing one misguided customer to leave the shop with an NDX.

On so many levels you're wrong. Rude and wrong: special combo.
From 1573: A fool and his money are soon parted.

From 1884: Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online