Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
AKA
Igor Stankovic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Custom built Hypex NC500 power amplifier to the highest standards. 

It's dual mono edition with single NC500 and SMPS1200 per channel encapsulated in single enclosure. High quality signal and speaker interconnects throughout with careful placement and routing with ferrite cores at the relevant power input sections. Please note that all crucial wire end-points (signal and speaker namely) are directly soldered (with Cardas quad eutetic) to the connectors (speaker binds, Neutrik XLR, NC500 Molex signal input and speaker output spades). It was a bit tedious job but, simply put, I'm not huge crimping fan! as featured on majority of other NC500 builds. 

As significant feature, NC500s are using Class A input buffer board (Rev C) from Nord Acoustics with pre-installed Sparkos Labs SS3602 OpAmps. I will also include extra pair of Sonic Imagery 994 OpAmps for free! (£160 value) so that one could experiment further with sound signature. It's relatively easy to swap the OpAmps.

Enclosure was sourced as one-off special edition from Ghent Audio. There is a very discrete blue light at the front with adjustable levels (with off feature). It's worth noting that thermal paste was used for each amp module mount, so effectively enclosure is acting as one huge heatsink.

It's a exemplary NC500 power amp, really nicely built with great attention to details. It's great purchase for someone and at the same time great value considering the tremendous sonic performance. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Please note that I will offer 1 year warranty, as amp components are sourced from new and still within the warranty.

Photo gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BevdkpkJbjLZia7B7

£1580 UK shipped (international delivery on request)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles