Ebay customer support, disgraceful.

Birdbrain

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2009
, , United Kingdom
I remember when I got my first negative from a bad buyer, it really hurt to see my hard-earned 100% destroyed by a nasty individual who was in the wrong. It happens. Like being dumped by your first girlfriend!
The older I get the more I am mystified by human behaviour, when you think you've seen it all.
eBay feedback doesn't allow a seller to leave negative against a buyer, no matter what the buyer does. It's the way it is.
I can't imagine what it is like working in a shop having to deal with the public every day.

Last edited:

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The point was I’ve never in 19 years had a bad comment. Checked shortly after the altercation no bad comment. Checked again a week or so later do bad comments. My username on my app doesn’t have my percentage readily viewable. I’ve not sold anything since so simply didn’t see it. eBay keep asking me to rate their app , maybe it would make good sense for it to be visible all the time?

I’d also like to know why they can’t do anything about it after 3 months? No one I asked seemed to be able to answer that. The Stepford assistants just kept saying

“against company policy”
Brother, you're going to need to let this go, because eBay don't give a **** about you and your situation. This is only hurting one person, and it's you.
No criticism here, but honestly, move on.

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Brother, you're going to need to let this go, because eBay don't give a **** about you and your situation. This is only hurting one person, and it's you.
No criticism here, but honestly, move on.
I know, just responding to the last post.

Reactions: Ian

Birdbrain

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2009
, , United Kingdom
eBay is a fascinating place to watch human behaviour.
Another story..
I accepted an offer from a buyer and sold to him.
What a mistake.
I got negative feed back.
I had looked at his feedback to check him, but I didn't look at the feedback he left for others..... it was almost entirely negative ! He thought that every seller was a rogue out to cheat him!

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J

Birdbrain

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2009
, , United Kingdom
Patronising that is. Who has?

I don't agree sellers are employees of eBay.
How on earth can you make comments like that?

Why do you think you shouldn't read T&C?
The whole PPI mis-selling was because no-one bothered to read T&C.

The fact that eBay now send your payments to your bank, and you have given your permission for them to access your bank account should have woken you up to what the relationship is.
But you probably didn't read the T&C about that.

You can think whatever you want. You will be on here complaining about eBay.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How on earth can you make comments like that?

Why do you think you shouldn't read T&C?
The whole PPI mis-selling was because no-one bothered to read T&C.

The fact that eBay now send your payments to your bank, and you have given your permission for them to access your bank account should have woken you up to what the relationship is.
But you probably didn't read the T&C about that.

You can think whatever you want. You will be on here complaining about eBay.
You assume I sell on eBay. You're going on my ignore list.

• Haha
Reactions: Gizza

limbok

Wammer
Aug 13, 2023
Manchester
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve just got off the phone with eBay and I’m incensed.

I had a buyer for my Sony amp in November. The guy told me that he was not sure when he could collect(maybe a month or so). I said well as long as I get cleared funds in my account it will wait until he gets here. He payed, then eBay held as they do. I then checked 5 days later to find it was being held back by buyer as he had not put ‘collected’. I got back in touch and he said ‘well I’m not going to do that if I’ve not got it am!” Asked when he could come and he said maybe Jan. I explained I may have sold it twice over by then. He said “cancel then, you’re welcome! “ blah blah. I then said you knew the rules I stated at the start. So I cancelled.

Fast forward to Wednesday I put up for sale my ATC amp on eBay, only to find that when I went into my details it said 87.5 % feedback of which I had no idea of, as it’s not visible when you just surf eBay as I usually jut buy, not sell. I’ve had 100% for 19 years. Turns out I’d been given it from the guy when it was completely his fault.

Called eBay rep. Told me that because it’s over 3 months, can’t do anything. I asked if a manager could call me back as I thought that was unfair and could I escalate. They never called so I called back. Was told by another rep the same as before but he would have a quick chat with his manager if I wait on hold. I in between time explained that this drop in feedback severely affects my selling and even buying capability going forward (upshot, eBay not making any money off me either) so hopefully you can do something to remove it. Got back to me with we can’t do anything and basically threatened that if you call and bother us again with this we will restrict your account . I”ll Never use eBay again.
It doesn't sound like you have alot of feedback given one guy knocked the feedback down 12.5%. Best to just create a new account and move on. Alternatively, buy a shed load of stuff to up the %.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles