and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, bit of eBay advice please. I bought a Project RCM which turned out to be defective. I have left a message with the seller detailing the problem and informing him of my intention to return the item. Bank holiday and all that so I probably won't hear back from him until tomorrow. What I am wondering is should I start the eBay return procedure now or is it best to try and sort it out with the seller first. The seller states a 14 day return policy and I paid by credit card. This is my first eBay mishap so I am abit unsure of the etiquette here. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Cheers
Nicky

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would give the seller until Wednesday to reply.
If no response by then, then I would make one more attempt. If you have no dialogue from seller by Friday day morning then open an official returns claim.

Reactions: andyrlb

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, bit of eBay advice please. I bought a Project RCM which turned out to be defective. I have left a message with the seller detailing the problem and informing him of my intention to return the item. Bank holiday and all that so I probably won't hear back from him until tomorrow. What I am wondering is should I start the eBay return procedure now or is it best to try and sort it out with the seller first. The seller states a 14 day return policy and I paid by credit card. This is my first eBay mishap so I am abit unsure of the etiquette here. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Cheers
Nicky
You should always use the eBay return procedure or they won't refund you if it goes missing or the seller claims not to have received it. It's just a case of etiquette to give them a chance to respond. Also you never know if it's a dealer they might just ask you to keep it and send another one and you can sell as spares or repair.

If the seller says you post it and he'll refund you without starting a return then don't do this!! Also as he accepts returns it's important you select item defective rather than changed mind as the reason for return.

hearhere

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 9, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
eBay won't consider acting as arbitrator until you've reasonably exhausted direct negotiation. What's the seller's Feedback History? If it's good, I doubt you'll have any problem in getting the matter sorted. Wait a while.

However if you do need to involve eBay, their policy tends to favour the buyer, rather than the seller. They do very little proper investigation, they just ask for ach side's story and in case of stalemate will refi=und the monet to the buyer and (beliecve this or not) the buyer keeps the goods!

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Follow the eBay process to the letter and you will not have a problem. If it’s a dealer it will be very straightforward but even if a personal seller eBay tend to side with the buyer. As a seller I had a case once where the buyer filed a complaint to be refunded and eNay automatically agreed the refund without any reference to me or the opportunity for me to offer an alternative opinion.

Drumossie

and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for all the advice chaps, pretty much what I thought. I am hoping that he will get in touch, I have no reason to doubt him but either way I will follow the eBay returns route, safer for all parties I would guess.

Reactions: lazycat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles