Linn Owners

Ekstatik - Recommendations for Tightening Torques

Rille

Wammer
Jan 6, 2020
On Saturday the time has come, I will collect my ordered Ekstatik from my dealer and then install them myself. Now I have found out via Akiva and Kandid how decisive a tightening torque is for the sound of the cartridge.
The bronze sockets of the Ekstatik certainly don't allow such a high tightening torque as with its predecessors.

What are your experience values? I would appreciate your recommendations.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter_P

Music makes the world a better place.
Wammer
Nov 12, 2018
Bielefeld, Germany
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I use the torque value 0.44 Nm for the Ekstatik. I got the tip from Thomas OK and am very satisfied with it.
I chose 2.1 g as the tracking force (measured with the electronic scale),
antiskating is set a little lower in my EKOS SE/1: about 2.08.
You should set this value by ear.

Good luck with the installation!

Rille

Wammer
Jan 6, 2020
Many thanks for sharing the values.

@ThomasOK
Many thanks to you Thomas for determining these values, this is really a lot of work which I appreciate very much.

Some time ago I also tried to determine certain optimised tightening torques. This is quite successful. However, I have noticed that it is very easy to focus one's attention on individual aspects and run the risk of losing sight of the whole. Since I, as an end customer, have no continuous experience with the construction of an LP12 as a complete system, I have meanwhile refrained from doing so. Of course, it is much easier for someone who has a lot of experience with the setup of the LP12, because he can better assess and evaluate the result. It is certainly advantageous if you can exchange information with others about the personally determined values. This prevents you from ending up in a dead end.

@Peter_P
I interpreted your indication of the anti-skating force with 2.08 in the sense you described.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles