Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
AKA
Igor Stankovic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Brilliant active speakers and unusually they are actually good looking too! and quite domestically acceptable. This was used at my office, paired with the excellent Matrix Mini-I Pro2 DAC (listed separately)  via balanced pre-amp connection. It's superb system, but speakers are surprisingly dynamic for the size with great extension, open and very clear thanks to the AMT based Jet tweeter. Bass extension and definition is near the best I've heard from any standmount I owned (passive or active). They are adaptable to wide range of music programme and well suitable even for TV duties and high quality video material ... as any good speaker should be. Placement is flexible with not particularly challenging room integration as there are numerous adjustments: including freq response trim in-line with the acoustic space and placement, high frequency trim and LF cutoff if anyone is planning to add the subwoofer at some point (although bass extension is already exemplary).

It's worth mentioning that digital AES and S/PDIF (Coax + TosLink) inputs are conveniently present if anyone is planing to attach the digital sources. In that case, S/PDIF parallel passthrough (together with digital switch enablement) is needed so that other speaker could be attached and L/R selection assigned (as S/PDIF is transmitting stereo signal via single input lane). In general,  I would recommend that volume gain is set-up at the maximum volume you will ever listen to the speakers and then matched with the associated pre-amp. If anyone wold like to read the actual manual and gain more information about the specs and usage , here it is attached:  View attachment am_180.pdf

They are pro/studio grade active speakers, superb value for money and much better alternative to "mainstream" active speakers costing much more. Condition is excellent, just usual and unavoidable black/gloss finish swirl marks and stands marks on the bottom. I will resin polish them before the hand over, as per my usual practice. 

I would recommend Sorbothane anti-vibraton hemispheres as best option to isolate the speakers form the stand, desk or any suitable furniture. Actually, if anyone is interested I could bundle the following, together with the speakers: 4x Sorbothane hemispheres, 2x high quality angled RCA adapters, 2x custom built angled IEC power cables. Angled adapters and IEC cables are perfect for near wall placement and set is shown on one of the pictures below. Also, I believe that I may have unused pair of reasonably good Pixel T80 stands (bought from Richer Sounds some tome ago) and could offer them for £40.

£530 UK shipped or collected from TW8

Thanks for reading!

ELAC_AM180_1.JPG

ELAC_AM180_2.JPG

ELAC_AM180_3.JPG

ELAC_AM180_4.JPG

ELAC_AM180_5.JPG

ELAC_AM180_6.JPG

ELAC_AM180_7.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

incognito73

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
AKA
Igor Stankovic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Found some suitable box, so shipping is a possibility (if I could pack them safely enough) ... or I may bring them over to Scalford tomorrow.

incognito73

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
AKA
Igor Stankovic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was on hold (reserved) for the buyer, but now available again. Outstanding actives for the price on offer. £530 UK shipped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles